CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   !00 dollar bill (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=40907)

Pat September 20th 04 04:48 AM

!00 dollar bill

I have this 100 dollar bill which is in excellent condition which says
redeemable on demand in gold at the United States Treasury... It has a
B in a circle which says Bank of the Federal Reserve New York New
York. Is this worth any more than its face value, and to whom?

Nicholas Cheung September 22nd 04 07:04 PM

What you are describing to me is a Series 1928A $100, printed for the
NY FRB, and dependent on its condition, and the shade of the green
seal on the right side, has a retail value of $150 in Very Fine (a
circulated grade) to $700 in Crisp Uncirculated.

Also, the serial number of this bill matters also, as it can be a new
low or a new high.

Hope this helps!

Nicholas

On 19 Sep 2004 20:48:33 -0700, (Pat) wrote:

I have this 100 dollar bill which is in excellent condition which says
redeemable on demand in gold at the United States Treasury... It has a
B in a circle which says Bank of the Federal Reserve New York New
York. Is this worth any more than its face value, and to whom?

To reply by e-mail, use goldeneye at verizon dot net.