CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A Two Dollar Bill!! (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=39777)

[email protected] January 9th 05 09:19 PM

A Two Dollar Bill!!

Why not have the two dollar Bill in General Circulation, you could
probably more than halve the amount of 1 Dollar Bills, as for every 2
Dollar Bill given out in change its 2 ones that were not needed.

Curancy normally goes up in multiples like this 1,2,5,1,2,5,1,2(so why
miss a 2 here) ,5,1,2,5
Going from $1 all the way up to $5 does not make sence.

Larry Louks January 9th 05 09:47 PM

spake in this manner:
Why not have the two dollar Bill in General Circulation, you could
probably more than halve the amount of 1 Dollar Bills, as for every 2
Dollar Bill given out in change its 2 ones that were not needed.

I'm with you, pal. I've been spending deuces for many years and I continue
to get them from the bank on a regular basis.

Larry
'a two is twice as much fun!'

Dale Hallmark January 9th 05 09:55 PM

"Larry Louks" wrote in message

spake in this manner:
Why not have the two dollar Bill in General Circulation, you could
probably more than halve the amount of 1 Dollar Bills, as for every 2
Dollar Bill given out in change its 2 ones that were not needed.

I'm with you, pal. I've been spending deuces for many years and I continue
to get them from the bank on a regular basis.

Larry
'a two is twice as much fun!'

one is the loneliest number that could ever be.

Dale

Aladdin Sane January 9th 05 10:42 PM

Hmmm, I've got two $2 bills in my bible that I earned while a caddy back in
1964.

--
*
/?\

A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.

Cliff January 9th 05 11:45 PM

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 14:42:12 -0800, "Aladdin Sane"
wrote:

Hmmm, I've got two $2 bills in my bible that I earned while a caddy back in
1964.

Make sure you tear one of the corners off those $2 bills so you can
break the bad luck.
Cliff

eXistenZ32 January 10th 05 12:08 AM

On 2005-01-09, Larry Louks wrote:

spake in this manner:
Why not have the two dollar Bill in General Circulation, you could
probably more than halve the amount of 1 Dollar Bills, as for every 2
Dollar Bill given out in change its 2 ones that were not needed.

I'm with you, pal. I've been spending deuces for many years and I continue
to get them from the bank on a regular basis.

Ditto. I go every once in a while and get $100 in $2 bills to spread around.
I try not to use more than one in a single transaction, because they NEVER
give them back out in change (most people put them under the drawer in the
register. no one can see them to ask "ooh, can i get the $2 bill"

My father is worse. He apparently asked for them at the bank for some and
the teller asked "How many do you want?" so in my parents basement, hes got
$600 in $2 bills that hes been slowly spending around.

Nice to rifle through though. i found 9 consecutive star notes from the 1995
series.

--
..-----.|__ ||__ | eXistenZ32