CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jukebox and wireless speakers (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=6783)

Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner June 26th 03 02:09 AM

Jukebox and wireless speakers

i have a set of wireless speakers i used to have hooked up to my stereo so i
can have sound outside

on the stereo they hooked into the tape out which tap should i hook
them to on the juke? the lowest watt tap or the consollete tap?

or should i try it at all??

Jim W

Crazy George June 27th 03 03:29 AM

Tape out is usually 1 volt across 10K ohms. The consolette tap will likely
have slightly better fidelity, and may not be controlled by the volume
control, but I don't know the nominal output voltage. If you go to the
speaker taps, you may have to go to a higher tap if you aren't playing the
box very loudly inside.

--
Crazy George
Remove NO and SPAM from return address

Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner June 27th 03 07:17 AM

thanks!

i have it set on the 1 watt tap the speakers themselves have their own
amp it just needs enough to run a signal {the louder the box the louder
the wireless} and i crank it up as much as i can :-) the neighbors love
it!

it seems to work well im looking for a new set of them with a more
powerfull signal i have an older set with a limited range and the base
unit fits inside the box too so one less thing to have to move with the box.

the consolette tap seems to be 8 watts according to the manual

Jim W