CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   anybody seen this truly warped book? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=320118)

michael adams[_2_] December 21st 11 07:41 PM

anybody seen this truly warped book?

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
I have been told by two different dealers that they have seen
a Victorian manual on how to stuff kittens and make dioramas
with them in costume, with versions of Gainsborough's "Blue Boy"
being a particular favourite. But I can't find any reference to
it on the web. Anybody know?

possibly

Practical Taxidermy

MONTAGU BROWNE, F.Z.S., etc..,

Curator, Town Museum, Leicester.

First pub 1884

Reprints available on Amazon $39.95

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Taxi.../dp/1905124368

Gutenberg ebook link -

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/26014...-h/26014-h.htm

sample kittens quote -

" Kittens or puppies of a few days old, if nicely marked, can be stuffed
and mounted on a piece of marble for paper weights, or on red cloth for
penwipers."

With a bit of practice that's next years Christmas presents sorted
anyway

michael adams

(No this is not out practical interest. My six cats are all
neutered anyway).