CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Seeburg 1000 problems (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=275854)

Jason Truax July 13th 09 08:45 PM

Seeburg 1000 problems

I am in the process of trying to restore one of these units, but I am having
some trouble. All of the mechanics of the unit work fine, but I am unable
to get any sound from the internal speaker. I have tried another amp to see
if that could be the problem, but it does the same thing. Could it be that
I have two bad amps or is there something I may be overlooking? Does anyone
know someone who works on these amps?

Jason

John Robertson July 14th 09 07:27 PM

Seeburg 1000 problems

Jason Truax wrote:
I am in the process of trying to restore one of these units, but I am
having some trouble. All of the mechanics of the unit work fine, but I
am unable to get any sound from the internal speaker. I have tried
another amp to see if that could be the problem, but it does the same
thing. Could it be that I have two bad amps or is there something I may
be overlooking? Does anyone know someone who works on these amps?

Jason

Hi Jason,

Have you tried the "hum" test? Put a small screwdriver tip in the Input
socket and listen for noise out the speaker. If not noise then you need
some help and you can go to my jukebox support page for a list of people
that fix jukeboxes - perhaps one is in your (unknown) area!

http://www.flippers.com/jukebox_service.html

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Jason Truax[_2_] July 15th 09 04:05 AM

Seeburg 1000 problems

Thanks for the advice, John, it was much appreciated. I tried the test you
advised, but I didn't hear anything. I followed your link and actually
found a repairman located just 30 minutes away. I called him up and he was
extremely pleasant and helpful. He offered a few tips, but we concluded
that I should have my amp rebuilt due to its age. He doesn't do that type
of work, but suggested I call Bill Bickers to see if he could do the work.
I will call him tomorrow. Thanks for your help and advice.

Jason