CollectingBanter

-   General Discussion (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Great stuff for mailing stamps? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=261238)

Joshua McGee[_3_] November 26th 08 07:35 AM

Great stuff for mailing stamps?

I have been receiving several Delcampe lots from Europe wherein the
stamps are sandwiched between very heavy black card and an acetate
overlay, welded together at the bottom. It looks like an absurdly-heavy
black Hawid, or a cut-up stocksheet of some sort with which I am
unacquainted. My guess is a cut-up stocksheet.

Any pointers as to what this may be?

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS

Ralphael1 November 26th 08 09:17 AM

On Nov 26, 2:35*am, Joshua McGee wrote:
I have been receiving several Delcampe lots from Europe wherein the
stamps are sandwiched between very heavy black card and an acetate
overlay, welded together at the bottom. *It looks like an absurdly-heavy
black Hawid, or a cut-up stocksheet of some sort with which I am
unacquainted. *My guess is a cut-up stocksheet.

Any pointers as to what this may be?

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
President:http://www.penguinstamps.org
Trade?:http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

Joshua, from what you describe I would say it is a German made stock
sheet.
My local dealer buys collections and then breaks them down. He usually
has a few of these things that came from those collections.

Ralphael, the OLD one