CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Oddity Dime (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38547)

Diane Whatever November 19th 04 09:04 PM

Oddity Dime

Found this "dime" sort of .. But the reverse is that of a Mercury Dime and
the front Roosevelt .. and that's not all. Rather than the detail being
raised, it is sunken into the coin. Any idea what this is ?? Just someone
having some fun with silver ?? Thanks. diane

--

-----------------
-----------------

xaviery4 November 19th 04 10:13 PM

Sounds like someone sandwiched the coin between a mercury dime and a Roosevelt
dime and then hit it once with a hammer.

I have heard of this being done with cents.

Best Regards,
Xaviery4

Diane Whatever November 20th 04 12:44 AM

Forgot to add that it is a mirror image of the coin .. so I guess that is
how that could happen.

Thanks, Diane
·.·