CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   SCD-1: Adding a 2nd set of speakers (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7335)

Rob Rosenhouse November 10th 03 12:36 AM

SCD-1: Adding a 2nd set of speakers

I have a Seeburg SCD-1, and I would like to add a second set of speakers.
Does anyone know where to wire them to? Anything else I should know before
doing this?

Thanks,
Rob

Don Lanway November 10th 03 06:55 AM

If you don't have the kit installed, with the terminal strip for external
speakers, look for the crossover boards. They have extra spade terminals to
feed the amp output.

As I recall, the internal speakers are a four ohm load, but I won't swear to
it..
If I remember right, it's designed to handle two sets of eight ohm external
speakers in parallel. You end up with a two ohm load on the amp, which
strangely enough, it's designed for. They originally used L-pads for
balancing sound levels.

Don
Oregon Jukebox

"Rob Rosenhouse" wrote in message
. 136...
I have a Seeburg SCD-1, and I would like to add a second set of speakers.
Does anyone know where to wire them to? Anything else I should know

before
doing this?

Thanks,
Rob

---

Rob Rosenhouse November 10th 03 10:49 AM

I bought this box used, like most of us. There is a strip of screws on
the right side of the cabinet. Would this be the terminal strip your
suggesting? I can email you a pic privately, if that would help.

Thanks,
Rob