CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Will the U.S. ever phase out the $1 Bill? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=276486)

Drago the Wolf July 25th 09 09:31 AM

Will the U.S. ever phase out the $1 Bill?

Has anyone heard any news on when or if the $1 bill may be replaced
by
the $1 coin?

The BEP has told me that the Treasury has stated several times that
"the $1 note and $1 coin will co-exist" yet Fred Shecter told me that
there should possibly be a $1 bill phase-out in plan, for possibly
2010.

So, when do you guys think that the $1 bill would be phased out, if
ever? Do you think the $1 bill will ever be phased out?

Tom