CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Philly book fair closes? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=322912)

[email protected] June 14th 14 02:21 AM

Philly book fair closes?

I'd already bought my bus ticket to go down to Philadelphia tomorrow. The promotional material said:
The Philadelphia Vintage Book & Ephemera Fair will be held on Friday & Saturday June 13 & 14, and presents some of the finest vintage Book & Ephemera Dealers in America. This is the only major Vintage Book & Ephemera event held in the greater Philadelphia region and offers an unparalleled opportunity for all Book & Ephemera lovers. It's at the Sheraton Downtown Hotel, 201 N. 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Hours are Friday 5-9pm & Saturday: 10am-4pm.

Ten minutes ago, the following was posted on Facebook:
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are forced to close the Philadelphia Vintage Book & Ephemera fair early. We will NOT be open on Saturday. We apologize profusely for this inconvenience, but this decision is completely beyond our ability to alter.

The fair ran a grand total of four hours. :-(

[email protected] July 22nd 14 11:19 AM

Philly book fair closes?

This was eventually posted, but only as an answer to a complaint, on the Flamingo Events Facebook page:
We would like to apologize to our Customers who were inconvenienced by the cancellation of the Saturday portion of the Philadelphia Vintage Book & Ephemera Fair this weekend. This is what caused the cancellation:
We set up and opened the show for the 5-9pm Friday evening portion and were enjoying pleasant sales. At 8pm the hotel banquet management informed us that there was a double booking issue and we had to break down by 10am Saturday morning. We had no recourse but to cancel last minute. There was no opportunity to post this news on our website since we work on smart devices when on the road and have no access to our computers for website alteration.
We know many of you travelled great distances and were inconvenienced both personally and financially - we all were as well. All we can do is say we are very sorry and thank you in advance for your understanding. ---Tina & John

There's still nothing on the Flamingo website, nor on the show's Facebook page, so I guess the official position is that nothing out of the ordinary happened...

[email protected] January 15th 15 04:22 AM

Philly book fair closes?

Now the Metropolis show: "We are very sorry to report that Metropolis! Vintage Books And Ephemera has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience."

That from Flamingo Eventz' own website. Nothing on their Facebook page, nor on the Metropolis page. Even the book fairs can't make it any more...