CollectingBanter

-   US Stamps (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Holographic Stamp 1989 (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=11304)

Houdini 26 October 24th 04 05:00 PM

Holographic Stamp 1989

Does anyone know what the USA 25 holographic space stamp envelope from 1989
sells for?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Al Gershen October 28th 04 02:08 AM

Hi Kevin:

It's interesting how fate works.

A fellow employee at my work gave me one of his uncancelled hologram
envelopes, titled "Shuttle Docking at Space Station" the other day and
now you're asking about its value. My friend wasn't too sure about
its value either.

From my copy of Scott's 2001 Specialized Catalogue of U.S. Stamps and
Covers, that I recently purchased on eBay, the following information
is given on page 389:

Issue date: Dec 3, 1989
Scott Catalogue: No U617 (Image No U163)
Color: Ultramarine (hologram)

Valuation information (back in 2001):

Stamp only: Unused, $0.60; Used, $0.30
Envelope: Unused, $0.70; Used, $0.35
1st Day Envelope out of Washington, DC: $1.25

You can buy your own new or used copy of this fine Scott catalogue on
eBay or at other stamp sellers. The new 2005 issue has photos of
stamps in color for the first time.

Regards,
Al Gershen
Grants Pass, OR

rohit_stamps February 17th 05 04:34 AM

hi there
i am a collector of Hologram stamps
have many spares
i wonder if u have anything to offer or if u like to exchange
plz let me know on
best wishes