CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rockola 1428 Belt issues (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=276150)

pennyarcadecollector July 19th 09 05:52 PM

Rockola 1428 Belt issues

I am finally finish the restoration of my 1428. I ordered a new belt
from
Victory and received a 3L-150 v belt. Have had a h--- of a time with
it. When I did manage to finally get it on, there is too much
tension
on the motor and it will not spin. I have loosened the worm gear so
that I can turn the belt with lots of effort, but it is still to
tight.
The worm gear is bolted but not tightly and the motor is still
binding. Suggestions anyone? I was thinking of trying a 2L-150
belt,
it would seem to sit it the gears better. THanks for any help or
suggestions please........

Dave Beck July 20th 09 01:53 PM

Rockola 1428 Belt issues

On Jul 19, 12:52*pm, pennyarcadecollector
wrote:
I am finally finish the restoration of my 1428. *I ordered a new belt
from
Victory and received a 3L-150 v belt. *Have had a h--- of a time with
it. *When I did manage to finally get it on, there is too much
tension
on the motor and it will not spin. *I have loosened the worm gear so
that I can turn the belt with lots of effort, but it is still to
tight.
The worm gear is bolted but not tightly and the motor is still
binding. *Suggestions anyone? *I was thinking of trying a 2L-150
belt,
it would seem to sit it the gears better. *THanks for any help or
suggestions please........

Vacuum cleaner belts work fine. Supermarket might have them or a
regular repair store. Cheap too !

Ken G. July 21st 09 01:04 AM

Rockola 1428 Belt issues

Order the right belt .I got one from them and it fits just fine . I
called them and asked them for the right belt .

pennyarcadecollector July 21st 09 05:34 AM

Rockola 1428 Belt issues

On Jul 20, 4:04*pm, (Ken G.) wrote:
Order the right belt .I got one from them and it fits just fine . I
called them and asked them for the right belt .

Ken,
Thanks for the reply, I ordered the belt for a rockola 1428 and
received the 3L-150 from them. Called them back and they said they
was the right belt for the application. I am befuddled at the moment
and was hoping someone has an answer because this one is not working
at all, unless I am missing something, but it is a simple change out.
Thanks and hope you have some other info.
Terry