CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Wittnauer Precious Metals Guild (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=25602)

Noraleen Young September 8th 03 02:23 AM

Wittnauer Precious Metals Guild

A relative has a set of 36 presidential coins/medals with a custom case.
(Washington thru Nixon) Each one has a small paper pamphlet about the
President in question. The set was made by the Wittnauer Precious Metal
Guild. I am interested in information about this set? have search
internet and have found nothing.

R. Young

kalmkeyth April 13th 11 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noraleen Young (Post 67879)
A relative has a set of 36 presidential coins/medals with a custom case.
(Washington thru Nixon) Each one has a small paper pamphlet about the
President in question. The set was made by the Wittnauer Precious Metal
Guild. I am interested in information about this set? have search
internet and have found nothing.

R. Young

I have a similar set which I bought thru AdtlanticRichfield in 1972. They issued Sterling Silver for $10 each and Sterling Silver electroplated with Gold for $15 each. They have 525 grains of Sterling Silver which equates to 1 ounce of Silver Troy.