CollectingBanter

-   Books (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Major Brag (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17921)

Diane April 1st 04 05:56 PM

Major Brag

This morning I was searching down the back of my settee for some loose
change for the bus to work, when my hand touched against some paper. For one
moment I thought I had got lucky and found a £10 note. Imagine my surprise
when a finally pulled the paper object out from it's hiding place, to find
that it was in fact not the hoped for £10 note, but one of the missing
copies of the Magna Carta. Just as my heart began to sink with
disappointment, I untied the royal ribbon letting the 13th century
manuscript slowly unroll, and to my wondrous surprise a £10 note fell out.

Best regards
Diane
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AAA-World-of-Books

BookEditions April 2nd 04 04:03 AM

This morning I was searching down the back of my settee for some loose
change for the bus to work, when my hand touched against some paper. For one
moment I thought I had got lucky and found a £10 note. Imagine my surprise
when a finally pulled the paper object out from it's hiding place, to find
that it was in fact not the hoped for £10 note, but one of the missing
copies of the Magna Carta. Just as my heart began to sink with
disappointment, I untied the royal ribbon letting the 13th century
manuscript slowly unroll, and to my wondrous surprise a £10 note fell out.

Best regards
Diane

Dear Diane,

Would you please mail me the money you found as I placed it by mistake inside
the Magna Carta the last time I was reading it.
PS: you can keep the Magna Carta as I still have three more copies of it.
Signed,
The King

[email protected] April 2nd 04 11:35 AM

In article , (Francis
A. Miniter) wrote:

Oh, that settee! It was stolen from my house ten years ago along with
my copy of the Magna Carta. Please send both by post.

I would like to buy both the settee and the Magna Carta, please, but only
if you can reduce shipping costs by sending them in the same package.