CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Sonata 1050 help needed! Still (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=130421)

Juke Dude May 24th 05 01:57 AM

Sonata 1050 help needed! Still

I've this beast in the shop now and the question I have is this: During
transfer from the carousel to the platter, I notice the spindle come up
slightly, mid-arch, then drop below the level of the 45 being played before
end of cycle, thus resulting in the record not being centered perfectly.
I've looked at the cam lobe, looks fine but maybe not adjusted quite right.
Gonna try some tinkering this afternoon. Also, this box has several
microswitch issues I'm resolving as well.
Are those stupid plastics where the fluorescents are mounted in the upper
portion of the door available? I realise these boxes were made in Mexico,
there is a better way of mounting them, isn't there??? Since '73 they've
have ample time to dry and become very brittle. I'm not liking this box
anymore!
Cheers, Steve.

CHARLIE MAIER May 24th 05 05:35 AM

Try Victory Glass for the plastics. I know they had ones for the
Wurlitzer and Rockola. Sonata should be the same, but all these
plastics needed a little trimming down.
Charlie Maier

John Robertson June 1st 05 07:37 PM

On 2005-05-23 17:57:05 -0700, "Juke Dude" said:

I've this beast in the shop now and the question I have is this: During
transfer from the carousel to the platter, I notice the spindle come up
slightly, mid-arch, then drop below the level of the 45 being played before
end of cycle, thus resulting in the record not being centered perfectly.
I've looked at the cam lobe, looks fine but maybe not adjusted quite right.
Gonna try some tinkering this afternoon. Also, this box has several
microswitch issues I'm resolving as well.
Are those stupid plastics where the fluorescents are mounted in the upper
portion of the door available? I realise these boxes were made in Mexico,
there is a better way of mounting them, isn't there??? Since '73 they've
have ample time to dry and become very brittle. I'm not liking this box
anymore!
Cheers, Steve.

Hi Steve,

All microswitches need to be tested on these older machines, you will
often find several that are marginal.

Go to http://www.flippers.com/juke-tip.html and read my section on
testing mciroswitches.

As for the gripper arm drooping, I'm not sure what could cause this -
perhaps you can send me a picture of the arm (freeze it with the
service switch) and I would be happy to make an educated guess.

We make replacement plastics for the pilasters for the Sonata.

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call