CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bicentennial two dollar bill with postage stamp! (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37226)

William & Kathleen White March 15th 04 04:49 PM

Bicentennial two dollar bill with postage stamp!

Among my bicentennial two dollar bills is one with "first-day-of-issue"
postsge stamp affixed to the upper right and corner. The stamp was
"canceled" at the Philadelphia Post Office on April 13,1976.
Can anyone tell me the value of this bank note in today's market? (it
is in superb condition).

Thanks
Bill

Scottishmoney March 15th 04 05:27 PM

About $4.00. I was one of the ones that had these stamped as such, I was 10
when they did these and I got $10.00 worth that day and had them stamped on
Apr 13th. Everybody said they would be worth a lot of money some day, but
so far that has not happened. :(
Dave

--
Please see my Numismatic Website;
http://www.delta.edu/davidparrish

Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!
"William & Kathleen White" wrote in message
Among my bicentennial two dollar bills is one with "first-day-of-issue"
postsge stamp affixed to the upper right and corner. The stamp was
"canceled" at the Philadelphia Post Office on April 13,1976.
Can anyone tell me the value of this bank note in today's market? (it
is in superb condition).

Thanks
Bill

---

Padraic Brown March 15th 04 07:38 PM

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:27:40 -0500, "Scottishmoney"
wrote:

About $4.00.

If you can find someone to pay that much for one. They're certainly
collectible (I suspect mostly by stamp type and cancellation); but $4
sounds a bit high. I often see them offered at between $4 and $20 at
fleamarkets and similar. Haven't seen one sell at those prices!

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.