CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rockola 477 not selecting (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7933)

Michael Bird April 5th 04 09:27 PM

Rockola 477 not selecting

I have just got my first jukebox a Rock-ola 477. It was initially completely
dead but I have managed to fix the power problem and everything powers up
fine. It shows 99 credits etc. If I leave it running for a minute or two it
trips out, it seems like the carousel that holds the records is stuck
(possibly).

Can anyone give me some pointers on what to check etc. or does anyone have a
service manual (pdf) I can download.

Any help much appreciated.

Michael

Tim April 20th 04 03:59 AM

I had the same problem with a 478. The problem for me was the logic
board. A couple of bad solder joints and the dual timer was faulty
(the timer LED didn't blink when the carriage rotated). Radio Shack
had the part (I know, I couldn't believe it either). Here's the link.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=276-1728

I don't have any experience with the 477 but it may be similar enough
to have the same faults. Hope this helps

Tim