CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How many in brick? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37027)

Harvey February 7th 04 02:43 PM

How many in brick?

Does anybody know how many straps in a brick of fresh $2 Federal Reserve
Notes? I have heard 10 but see 40 on the BEP web site. Thanks...

DyzeeGF3 February 7th 04 06:41 PM

"Harvey" wrote in message
s.com...
Does anybody know how many straps in a brick of fresh $2 Federal Reserve
Notes? I have heard 10 but see 40 on the BEP web site. Thanks...

I believe 10 straps x 100 bills = $2000. That sounds right, though Fred can
answer definitively.

Malanutt 4 Life February 8th 04 01:38 AM

There are 10 straps in a "brick", 1,000 notes. But I have also heard of
"blocks" so I wonder if those are what have 40 straps in them. I know there are
packaged note bigger than bricks and that might be what a block is. Someone
correct me if I'm wrong.

Tom

Fred Shecter February 8th 04 02:26 AM

My banks get shrink wrapped BEP Bricks of any denomination currently being printed. 10
bundles of 100 notes.

I've heard of the "block" but have never seen one. It could be 4 BEP Bricks or it could
be something else. A photo would anser that.

Anybody?

Anybody?

Bueller?

--
-Fred Shecter
Auctions:

To reply by e-mail, remove zorch two places.

"DyzeeGF3" wrote in message
et...

s.com...

Dollarsavr February 8th 04 06:07 PM

Hi

Since they began the "Shrink Wrapped" notes, it seems like the 10 packs -1000
notes was referred to as the previous "Brick" which I remember for the $1 FRNs
as arriving in 40 packs-4000 notes. I have not kept up to the time, but in the
60s & 70s the "Brick" was 4000 notes with End-Labels to include both the start
SN and Ending SN

Ed Zegers

Coin Saver February 8th 04 07:29 PM

Does anybody know how many straps in a brick of fresh $2 Federal Reserve
Notes? I have heard 10 but see 40 on the BEP web site.

Regardless of the denomination, there are 4,000 Notes in a brick, wrapped in
100 Note bundles.

8-]

Coin Saver

Dollarsavr February 9th 04 03:11 PM

Hi again,

I believe that what you have is a "Shrink Wrapped" pack of ten packs - 100
notes each. Yours has a Face Label with the starting number on it. These are
produced on the COPE machinery of today following the Third printing. The
BEP may have completely switched to this new process now and the following may
be passe'
A "Brick"(I believe a Bank-term) has Forty packs and Four (4) Thousand notes in
it. Look it up in 1982 7th edition of ODonnells Standard Handbook of Modern
United States Paper Money (page 19 in my book. Last sentance of the 2nd from
last paragraph in col #1)."Each currency package contains 40 bands of 100 notes
each, or 4000 notes, and weighs about 8.5 pounds" A Brick has a label with
both Starting Number and Ending number.

Ed Zegers

Fred Shecter February 9th 04 03:35 PM

Time to print an updated edition.....

;-)

That's good for publishers and you can put your old books up on eBay!

-Fred Shecter
http://www.geocities.com/fredeshecter/flipswitch.doc

Dollarsavr February 9th 04 05:16 PM

I hope that you realize that I'm not sharp-shooting you. I just wanted to point
out that it is possible for you or some one else to "COIN" a name for this
item.

Good Luck

Ed Zegers