CollectingBanter

-   Paper Money (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   $2 2003 series in central Massachusetts (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37125)

Paul Anderson February 20th 04 09:53 PM

$2 2003 series in central Massachusetts

I went to the bank today to get a pack of $2 bills. About half the
time, it's a pack of uncirculated bills but today it was one of
circulated bills. I started looking at the bills and noticed there was
a higher percentage than usual of series 1976. Then I saw my first
series 2003!

The breakdown in this pack was

1976 30
1995 45
2003 25

I was expecting to see my first 2003s in an uncirculated pack, but I'll
have fun circulating these 2003s over the next few weeks!

Paul

Fred Shecter February 21st 04 09:23 PM

Someone spend their private hoard and they just recirculated with the rest of them. You
might even get some 1963 or 1953 or even a 1928 Two in circulated bundles.

Were the wrappers FRB or just bank wrappers? FRB wrappers say "Federal Reserve Bank" on
them and the outer plastic bag that they pack a 10 bundle brick into has a small sticker
with something like "FRB-LA" or "FRB-PHX" (Los Angeles or Phoenix).

--
-Fred Shecter
Auctions:

To reply by e-mail, remove zorch two places.

. ..

Paul Anderson February 23rd 04 06:43 PM

In article et, Fred
Shecter wrote:

Someone spend their private hoard and they just recirculated with the
rest of them. You might even get some 1963 or 1953 or even a 1928 Two
in circulated bundles.

I've gotten a few 1963s over the last couple of years. I spend 'em
with the rest. I usually get a dozen or fewer 1976s in a pack of 100.

Were the wrappers FRB or just bank wrappers? FRB wrappers say
"Federal Reserve Bank" on them and the outer plastic bag that they
pack a 10 bundle brick into has a small sticker with something like
"FRB-LA" or "FRB-PHX" (Los Angeles or Phoenix).

I get just a 100-note pack so I don't know about the plastic bag. The
packs I get always have the green-and-white FRB wrapper.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering

John Patrick February 24th 04 04:17 AM

Paul Anderson wrote:
In article et, Fred
Shecter wrote:

Someone spend their private hoard and they just recirculated with the
rest of them. You might even get some 1963 or 1953 or even a 1928 Two
in circulated bundles.

I've gotten a few 1963s over the last couple of years. I spend 'em
with the rest. I usually get a dozen or fewer 1976s in a pack of 100.

*grumble*

I don't have any 1963 $2s in my collection, and I'm missing 5 1976
districts: A, C, E, J, and L.

Lucky to find them.

John
'wouldn't spend them'