CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rock-Ola 454 help needed (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7659)

Kevin Bolton January 24th 04 01:49 PM

Rock-Ola 454 help needed

I have a Rock-Ola 454 which has been operating fine. Suddenly it has
developed a fault where everything works up to the tone arm dropping onto
the record, but it then immediately releases and the record returns. I have
a service manual which refers to the micro switch sequence and release coil
energising. I cannot find the physical whereabouts of these switches and
coils in the box.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Alternatively any other ideas re
the misoperation?

regards

Kevin Bolton
Manchester UK

Weade January 26th 04 12:37 PM

You need to open the back of the jukebox to access these switches. Open the
top of the jukebox and when you look inside, look to the back of the
cabinet. You will see a metal panel with three tabs along the top. Release
the tabs by pressing down on them and the panel will fall out.

Then, go around to the back of the juke, and you will now see the main power
strip panel (or whatever the hell it's called). Just to the right of that,
you will see the assembly with the three microswitches on it. This is where
the manual is referring to.

Bill