CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   same photo-several diff auctions?? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=134570)

BigDog June 23rd 05 01:16 AM

same photo-several diff auctions??

My fellow RCC'ers- is it my imagination or is this the same coin listed
at least 4 times? There is also a 1887 listed several times with the
same picture. I know it's easier to use the same scan over and over,
but shouldn't we get to see the coin we bid on?? Maybe its just me, but
this doesn't seem quite right.
Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Anita June 23rd 05 01:34 AM

On 22 Jun 2005 17:16:15 -0700, "BigDog" wrote:

My fellow RCC'ers- is it my imagination or is this the same coin listed
at least 4 times? ...

Same picture. He probably brought a nice roll of the coins and figured
they all looked the same. Not a good practice, since every coin is as
individual as a fingerprint.

Anita

Phil DeMayo June 23rd 05 01:45 AM

On 22 Jun 2005 17:16:15 -0700, "BigDog" wrote:

My fellow RCC'ers- is it my imagination or is this the same coin listed
at least 4 times? There is also a 1887 listed several times with the
same picture. I know it's easier to use the same scan over and over,
but shouldn't we get to see the coin we bid on?? Maybe its just me, but
this doesn't seem quite right.
Your thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

He's getting a lot of mileage out of that particular image. He also
used it for this auction about a month ago where it was graded a point
higher...as MS-66:

That sale earned him negative feedback.

Bernhard Rich June 23rd 05 09:17 AM

Would anyone here grade that particular Morgan MS65?

Anita June 23rd 05 02:24 PM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 04:17:55 -0400,
(Bernhard Rich) wrote:

Would anyone here grade that particular Morgan MS65?

Why, sure... Just send it to us.

NTC and NNC