CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Seeburg JL, HF100R Question (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=8908)

Joseph A. Tony Dziedzic January 9th 05 03:52 AM

Magnetic cartridges were used on Seeburg jukes beginning with the M100A. It's
not terribly unusual for one of the Seeburg cartridges to go bad, although low
volume is not usually the sign of a bad cartridge. Did you check voltages in
the amplifier after the recap job? Are you sure the tubes are good?

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article , "jukebox--er"
wrote:
Hi
I have a Seeburg V-200 that has a MRA5-L6 Amp in it (the ones used in models
HF100R and JL's)

What I need to know is if this amp uses a Magnetic or Ceramic Cartridge???

My juke has a magnetic cartridge in it and the sound is very low volume (the
amp is all recaped) And I thougt that this cartridge is probably the
problem?

Thanks for any help.

Barry

Jjmscf January 9th 05 02:17 PM

All Seeburgs from the 100A thru the end of Seeburg use magnetic cartridges.But
the model of cartridge changed as they improved them.The V-200 and the R both
came with the same redhead cartridge.Was the amp only recapped or totally
rebuilt?Could be other problems with the amp.Or possibly the cartridge is bad
but not too likely on a magnetic cartridge.Wouldn't hurt to try another one.Or
bad tonearm wiring possibly.