CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   rock-ola 445 mechanism (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=219123)

geoffturner June 28th 07 06:39 PM

rock-ola 445 mechanism

Hi all
I have a just got a 445 with a jammed mechanism (the record selector
arm is broken at the base and this has jammed) I and am new to this.
Has anybody got any links or info on dismantling the mech. I would
appreciate any help on dismantling the mech and realignment - I have a
spare mechanism to rob parts from. Thanks in advance for any help

Geoff

DRebber July 2nd 07 11:09 PM

Geoff,

This will probably be very labor intensive....

If it were me, I would probably:
1. Remove the gripper motor.
2. Unbolt the gripper mechanism
3. Make a cheat sheet for the cam switches assembly.
4. Disconnect all the cam switches.
5. Unbolt the cam switch mounting plate.
6. Remove the Gripper Reversing plate actuator rod.
7. Remove the tone arm assembly from its base.

If I haven't missed anything, at this point you should be able take the gripper, shaft and cam assembly out as one unit. With it on the bench, you can at least get down to business.

If you send me your email address off list to "sales(at)jordanamusement.com",
I can send you the parts diagram exploded view of a 448 mech in .pdf format. However, I will be out of the office from 7-4 until 7-10...