CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   seeburg 222 red head cartridge test (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=197849)

Mattrock1 December 12th 06 11:51 PM

seeburg 222 red head cartridge test

Is it possible to test a redhead cartridge with a meter to see if it
is good? My seeburg 222 plays both channels on one needle, and only
one channel on the the other side. needles are new. If I unplug the
cartridge and plug it back in without the set screw, it plays both
channels...tighten the hold-down screw and it drops one channel. I
looked at the recepticle for the cartridge and it looks clean and fine.
Im wondering if it is the cartridge. I have swapped the needles with
no difference.

So is there a way to test it with an ohm meter and see if all is
working?

Thanks in advance

Matt