CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jukebox obsolescence... (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=6791)

KLR June 29th 03 09:54 AM

Jukebox obsolescence...

On Tue, 13 May 2003 18:56:36 GMT, Hassell Castle
wrote:

Speaking of ugly juke's. An ongoing juke joke with me and my wife is
the Seeburg SX-100 from 1973. She saw that jukebox once at the DFW
SuperAuction and commented on how ugly she thought it was. She said it
looked like a big "eyeball".

So the ongoing joke...that she'll hear from me early Saturday morning
when I leave to go to the auction will be. "Honey I'll be home later
today with that big eyeball Jukebox you said you wanted!"

For those that don't know what this one looks like. Here is a link to
what it looks like from Ken's site:
http://www.pinballrebel.com/archive/seeburg/ssx100.jpg

oh yes. these horrid things. Seeburg Maurader ?

Never heard the "eyeball" description before but we used to describe
them as resembling "a 20 gallon drum sitting sideways on a stand" :).

Unfortunately its too large, otherwise the top would have been
referred to as a "sideways Night can" (the receptacle used in a
country outhouse)

Later,
Craig

Arlington, Texas
http://www.mindspring.com/~cwaig

JoIn ThE CiRqUs!
C*rqus Volta*re Pinball -------------------------
Software, Tech tips, Pictures, Sounds, Owners List
http://www.mindspring.com/~cwaig/cirqus.htm

2003 Texas Pinball Festival
November 7th-9th * Irving, Texas
www.texaspinball.com