CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Seeburg LPC1 - question about replacing caps (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=324908)

Dawn Stepp March 21st 19 03:46 AM

Seeburg LPC1 - question about replacing caps

The large cylinder capacitor replacement part is much smaller. Is this correct and how do I tell which is positive and negative? I see arrows pointing to one end with a 0 in the arrow. Could someone please confirm if this means positive?
Any other tips anyone can share is greatly welcomed.

Thank you,
Dawn

[email protected] March 28th 19 03:58 AM

Seeburg LPC1 - question about replacing caps

Hi Dawn, I've done a rebuild on one of these Jukeboxes only one time and it was some years ago. As I recall that is an AC capacitor and therefore it isn't polarized but I can't recall for sure. Easiest thing to do would be to hook a voltmeter on to the old capacitor with the wires connected and see if you read DC or AC voltage. If DC, take note of the polarity before unhooking the existing capacitor. I hope this helps. If you are still unsure though don't hook up the capacitor until you know for certain what type of voltage it is and whether or not it is polarized.