CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OT I.E problems. (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=39989)

gogu January 20th 05 01:26 AM

OT I.E problems.

Hi all !

OK, I know it's OT but this is the only place I can ask for some help, so if
there is someone who *really* knows about computers please contact me in
private.

I have upgraded my system a couple a months ago and everything was running
smooth until a couple a days ago.
Then the first blue screen popped up !
I was opening a new I.E window and wile waiting to load it cracked and the
blue screen emerged.
I could not restart my PC using any key(s) of the keyboard, so I hit the
restart button.
Nothing happened, the system was restarting but could not enter set up !
After I repeated this a couple a times, I decided to close it from the main
button.
Guess what, it was not closing again !
This is something happening for the first time in my (computer) life !
Last option, to ... pull the plug !
And only then the PC closed down...
After I restarted the computer, I received a message that my PC just
recovered from a major error and everything was OK !

This happened again yesterday and today.

I am running Windows XP Service Pack 2 with all the available updates
loaded, I am running an anti-virus, a firewall and an anti-spyware program.
To mention that the days before the first crash I haven't loaded a new
program to my PC.

So here is the message I read at the "events":
-------------
Application Failure iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulty unit
mshtml.dll, 6.0.2900.2523 at faulty address 0x00051fdc.
---------------

Can someone give me some help ?

Thank you!

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

gogu January 20th 05 01:33 AM

Ο "gogu" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
[...]

Well, my second crash gave a different message:
-----------
Systen Error, Error code 100000ce Parameter 3 f88e6ce8, Parameter 4
00000000 f88e6ce8, 00000000.
---------------------

Thanks !

gogu January 20th 05 09:14 PM

? "linxlvr" ?????? ??? ??????
.. .

!
[...]

I suppose sarcastic remarks suggesting an installation of Linux would be
considered uncalled for. :-)

:-)
Yes !

gogu January 20th 05 09:16 PM

Ο "Larry Louks" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"gogu" needed help, and asked in this manner:
So here is the message I read at the "events":
-------------
Application Failure iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulty unit
mshtml.dll, 6.0.2900.2523 at faulty address 0x00051fdc.
---------------

Can someone give me some help ?

Hey there, gogu! I'd like to suggest a site to you that I think is one of
the best support places I've ever had any dealings with, called Virtual
Doctor. Go to this site:

http://www.virtualdr.com/

I no longer do so, but for a year or so I served as one of the moderators
in the Windows XP section. I just now went to that section and did a
search on that mshtml.dll file in your error message. It provided a list
of a number of other threads that may be related to this error. Have a
look at:

http://babyurl.com/UCXxpO

I hope you can find some help with this.

Thanks Larry, already posted my question :-)
But I was a little mistaken to my report: I receive the message with the
mshtml.dll file when IE crashes while visiting a *specific* page, not when
my computer crashes ! When my computer crashes I receive the other message:
-----------
System Error, Error code 100000ce Parameter 3 f88e6ce8, Parameter 4
00000000 f88e6ce8, 00000000.
---------------------
Anyway, thanks again for the help, I am going to check with the site you
provided.

And I sure hope your end quote will become true ;-)

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi
puttane! F.d.A

http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

Larry
'hoping that things turn out well'

Moses Horwitz January 20th 05 10:33 PM

Try typing the error code into a google search and see what comes up.

http://www.google.com/

JAM
Ignorance is the root of all evil.

Chrysta January 22nd 05 04:29 AM

In article ,
says...
I suppose sarcastic remarks suggesting an installation of Linux would be
considered uncalled for. :-)

:-)
Yes !

Hee hee! I was going to suggest downloading Mozilla Firefox. I'll never

Good luck. :o)

--
~Chrysta~

Zamboni January 22nd 05 04:44 AM

"gogu" wrote in message
[...]

1) Download the IE installer from this link:

2) Uninstall Internet Explorer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel

3) Reinstall IE using the installer

4) Switch to Firefox :)

(Tip: holding the power button down for 4 seconds will cut power to most ATX
computers.)
--
Zamboni

Ian January 22nd 05 09:33 AM

Chrysta wrote:
In article ,
says...

I suppose sarcastic remarks suggesting an installation of Linux would be
considered uncalled for. :-)

:-)
Yes !

Hee hee! I was going to suggest downloading Mozilla Firefox. I'll never

Good luck. :o)

Good point Chrysta. I've been using Mozilla for years now and wouldn't
dream of using either IE or Outlook Express unkless I was using a
computer that didn't have Mozilla installed on it. The link below takes
anyone interested to a page where you can download the tried and tested
fully functional version. I usually live on the edge with their alpha
test versions (currently on 1.8.6)

http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/

Ian

gogu January 22nd 05 12:11 PM

? "Chrysta" ?????? ??? ??????
ews.com...
In article ,
says...
I suppose sarcastic remarks suggesting an installation of Linux would
be
considered uncalled for. :-)

:-)
Yes !

Hee hee! I was going to suggest downloading Mozilla Firefox. I'll never

Good luck. :o)

It seems that the problem lies with my ISDN hardware or/and drivers...
Well, public phone company...

gogu January 22nd 05 12:15 PM

Ο "Zamboni" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"gogu" wrote in message
[...]

OK, but can you tell me what exactly it's doing ?

2) Uninstall Internet Explorer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel

3) Reinstall IE using the installer

4) Switch to Firefox :)

:-)
Yeah, I know, it's the best at the moment but I am an IE addict ;-)

(Tip: holding the power button down for 4 seconds will cut power to most
ATX computers.)

Thanks!
I hope it will be no need again but thanks anyway :-)

BTW, what is your opinion:
somebody "confirmed" that it should be a hardware and maybe a software
problem with my ISDN modem (public phone company, bad quality material...).
If I buy an ISDN modem from a reputable company and install it, should that
resolve my problem ?...

Thanks.