CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How do I "mount" ??? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=238941)

No Name January 6th 08 01:16 AM

How do I "mount" ???

I've seen coins in 2 X 2 cardboard mounts,
but never really paid any attention to the mechanics.

Today, I received my mail-order mounts,
opened the package, and I'm stumped.

How do you seal it closed ?

Staples on three sides ?

I thought "stick glue", but it'd never stick
to the clear film.

???
rj

sgt23 January 6th 08 02:06 AM

How do I "mount" ???

Staples on the kind you have, and its usually "atleast I think so" it
a good I deal to staple all 4 sides. I tend not to like the ones that
glue together, because they leaves a chance of you getting some of the
glue on your coins if your not careful!

Coffee's For Closers January 6th 08 10:39 PM

How do I "mount" ???

In article ,
says...
I've seen coins in 2 X 2 cardboard mounts,
but never really paid any attention to the mechanics.

Today, I received my mail-order mounts,
opened the package, and I'm stumped.

How do you seal it closed ?

Staples on three sides ?

I thought "stick glue", but it'd never stick
to the clear film.

Staples on three sides works for me

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

oly January 6th 08 11:36 PM

How do I "mount" ???

On Jan 5, 8:25*pm, Eric Babula wrote:
"RJ" wrote :

I've seen coins in 2 X 2 cardboard mounts,
but never really paid any attention to the mechanics.

Today, I received my mail-order mounts,
opened the package, and I'm stumped.

How do you seal it closed ?

Staples on three sides ?

I thought "stick glue", but it'd never stick
to the clear film.

???
rj

No, I wouldn't even think of using glue. Even if it would work, there
might be some off-gassing that might discolor your coins in an unusual or
unattractive fashion. Maybe. I don't exactly know.

I use a flat-clinch stapler (I have the mini, which works fine for me),
that I got here. Doesn't have the bumpies that a normal staple would
have, and you can stack the 2x2s better, or store in a box.http://www.brent-krueger.com/stapler.html(good place for coin supplies,
IMO)

Yes, I usually staple at three sides, or in a triangle around the coin
(fold of 2x2 at top):

* */ * \
* * *O
* * *_

But, if I'm holdering Morgan Dollars, I use more staples, in order to
contain the coin better (fold of 2x2 at top):

* */ * \
* * *O
* *\ _ /

Hope that helps.

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA- Hide quoted text -

If you do not have a flat clinch stapler, be sure to take a small
needle-nose pliers and carefully "crimp" the back bump in the staple-
wire flat into the cardboard.

This will go a long way to ensuring that the back of the staple does
not scratch another coin if you place the two-by-twos in a row-style
storage box, or stack the two-by-twos.

oly