CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Show and Tell: Three CAM Franklin halves (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=32203)

J. Craton March 12th 04 04:43 AM

Show and Tell: Three CAM Franklin halves

http://www.pacifier.com/~craton/threecamfranks.jpg

Again taken with my wife's new camera ..... I'm done playing with it
though. I think that my older and cheaper camera takes better coin
pictures.
--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
---------------------------

Nick is a DICK!
Reid is a troglodyte!

John Carney March 12th 04 01:50 PM

"J. Craton" wrote in message
http://www.pacifier.com/~craton/threecamfranks.jpg

Again taken with my wife's new camera ..... I'm done playing with it
though. I think that my older and cheaper camera takes better coin
pictures.
--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
---------------------------
Interested in error coins?
http://www.error-coins.com - A work in progress (lack of progress really).

Nick is a DICK!
Reid is a troglodyte!

Jason, did you cherrypick these from proof sets like that 1957?

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mysite.verizon.net/jcarney44/coins/rccers.html

J. Craton March 12th 04 05:55 PM

http://www.pacifier.com/~craton/threecamfranks.jpg

Jason, did you cherrypick these from proof sets like that 1957?

Sure did. I have owned well over a dozen proof CAM franklins and I have
cherried them all out of proof sets. I have even shared my secrets of
how I do it here on the list a couple of times. Sean Reynolds said that
over on the PCGS boards, there are some guys who do this for a living.
If you are interested in learning the tricks I use to find these through
dulled up 40+ year old cello, do a google search because my lips are
sealed from now on ;)
Seriously, if you want to know, just e-mail.

John Carney March 12th 04 06:05 PM

"J. Craton" wrote in message

http://www.pacifier.com/~craton/threecamfranks.jpg

Jason, did you cherrypick these from proof sets like that 1957?

Sure did. I have owned well over a dozen proof CAM franklins and I have
cherried them all out of proof sets. I have even shared my secrets of
how I do it here on the list a couple of times. Sean Reynolds said that
over on the PCGS boards, there are some guys who do this for a living.
If you are interested in learning the tricks I use to find these through
dulled up 40+ year old cello, do a google search because my lips are
sealed from now on ;)
Seriously, if you want to know, just e-mail.

Oh, I remember that post. Haven't had an opportunity to try out your tricks yet though.