CollectingBanter

-   Coins (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   eBay feedback ratings (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=252019)

RF July 1st 08 01:39 AM

eBay feedback ratings

How low does a seller's feedback ratings have to be for you to not buy
from him/her?
98%, 95%, 99%???

Arnold Quarry[_2_] July 1st 08 05:30 AM

eBay feedback ratings

feedback doesn't matter. only whether or not the seller is an asshole

Jon Purkey July 1st 08 06:32 PM

eBay feedback ratings

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:39:25 -0700 (PDT), RF
wrote:

How low does a seller's feedback ratings have to be for you to not buy
from him/her?
98%, 95%, 99%???

I don't go by the percentage as much as I do what the people who
posted the negatives and neutrals had to say. And maybe more
importantly, how often they post non-positive feedback. Some buyers
(including myself) seldom (or even never) post anything but positive
feedback. So when they do you know there must have been a real problem
with the transaction.

PC[_7_] July 1st 08 07:07 PM

eBay feedback ratings

wrote:

How low does a seller's feedback ratings have to be for you to not buy
from him/her?
98%, 95%, 99%???

I don't go by the percentage as much as I do what the people who
posted the negatives and neutrals had to say. And maybe more
importantly, how often they post non-positive feedback. Some buyers
(including myself) seldom (or even never) post anything but positive
feedback. So when they do you know there must have been a real problem
with the transaction.

If it is 98% or above I usually don't worry. If the particular auction I am
looking at has any yellow or red flags I am more likely to examine feedback
left and given regardless of the feedback percentage.

If the rating is below 98% I am at least checking out the feedback left. It
is true that feedback given is often far more revealing.