CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rockola princess 1493 (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=324290)

[email protected] April 20th 18 02:57 PM

Rockola princess 1493

I just bought a princess juke 1493 not working. The grabber was over the turntable. The turntable was spinning. I cleaned the mechanism under the turntable and the grabber returned to the magazine and loaded and put away records properly until it stored itself and the magazine returned to it resting position. And the scan lever worked properly. Great! I thought. So I punched in a selection, but the read in cartridge would just turn, never stopping at the selection. So I shut off power and cleaned the contacts of both read in and read out. When I turned power back on. The turntable was back to spinning, and scan lever didn't move the record magazine. So what should I look at now?

[email protected] April 22nd 18 12:33 AM

Rockola princess 1493

Okay, I read up on the forums and I found that the motor was bound up. So I got the motor free cleaned the old grease and greased and oiled it and now that's actually working pretty good. So I'm back to the original problem that when I push the selection buttons the reading cartridge just circles it never stops I've tried cleaning the contacts, and I'm going to clean them again. So what's next

[email protected] April 22nd 18 12:37 AM

Rockola princess 1493

Okay, I found that the motor was bound up so I cleaned the old grease, regreased and oiled the mechanism and now it's working well. Back to the original problem of the read in cartridge just spins circles when the selection buttons are pushed. I cleaned the contacts once, I'll clean them again. What else would cause that problem.

[email protected] April 22nd 18 09:03 PM

Rockola princess 1493

Ok, I took off the selector wheel and cleaned it and all the wipes. And now B1 is the only selection the write in carriage will stop for. It loads the record, but the pin doesn't get reset. All other selections cause the write in carriage to spin endlessly. Now what?

John Robertson April 22nd 18 09:36 PM

Rockola princess 1493

On 2018/04/22 1:03 PM, wrote:
Ok, I took off the selector wheel and cleaned it and all the wipes. And now B1 is the only selection the write in carriage will stop for. It loads the record, but the pin doesn't get reset. All other selections cause the write in carriage to spin endlessly. Now what?

Buy a copy of the operators manual and study the very excellent
instructions on troubleshooting write-in problems.

Victoryglass.com sells very good reproductions of the original manuals.

John :-#)#
John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

[email protected] April 23rd 18 02:46 AM

Rockola princess 1493

Thanks, I will do that.

[email protected] April 23rd 18 03:03 AM

Rockola princess 1493

I checked out that site. I have the service and parts manual. I didn't see a troubleshooting manual for the 1493.

John Robertson April 23rd 18 03:54 AM

Rockola princess 1493

On 2018/04/22 7:03 PM, wrote:
I checked out that site. I have the service and parts manual. I didn't see a troubleshooting manual for the 1493.

My crappy download copy shows that info starts around page 26. You will
need to be able to read a schematic a bit to follow, but if you have the
VictoryGlass/AMR version the active lines are in colour (red or orange)
and make it easier to see what happens. Most online copies are B&W and
you don't have the usefulness of a proper edition that is printed in colour.