PDA

View Full Version : Re: The best and the worst, musings

DOGGIE104
July 27th 03, 12:49 AM
>Subject: The best and the worst, musings
>From: (steve suttle)
>Date: 7/26/2003 9:33 AM Central Daylight Time
>
>These are my opinions. Join in if you like.
>GE made the worst portable 8-track players. Period. I consider them to
>be simply evil. I have 4 of the damn things and none of them works or
>can be repaired. Something about that white plastic dealy-bob that
>holds the play-back head. I have given up on them.
>Panasonics are by far the best. Blessed in some sort of Japanese
>serenity ceremony on Mt. Fuji no doubt. Pleasant to listen to, long
>battery life on the portables, and high-funk-factor styling all
>around.
>As for tapes, two observations:
>1. NEVER use a Ted Nugent tape as a test tape. You just can't tell if
>the tape is dragging, wowing or whatnot because the music does the
>same.
>2. When every single 8-track tape on earth has broken, exploded, worn
>out or died, when every single tape in the Universe has disintegrated
>and we all agree there are no more, a single, sealed copy of Rumours
>will show up somewhere.

And after THAT, a near mint copy of The Best of Eddy Arnold. In quad. later,
ron

trippin2-8track
July 29th 03, 12:29 PM
J'ever notice how every box of tapes, has a "Boston" and "Kansas
Leftoverture" in it ??

they'll be digging them up 2000 years from now...

Google