PDA

View Full Version : Need guidance on demagnetizing my Q8 tape player.

T.W. Wyatt
July 23rd 03, 03:19 AM
Recently bought a 8 track cleaner\demagnetizer. It has a supply of 12v
dc. It's made by Lebo.Question is: does the power to the tape player
need to be off? The instructions state to insert the cart just as you
would any other 8 track. I really don't need the cleaning aspect
since I use isoprophyl. Just the demagnetizer is all I'm interested in
using.I was informed once that the power to the player should be off
or could mess up the player. I sure don't want a $4.00 cleaner to
mess up my Technics Rs 858. Plz advise, thanks, T.W.

Google