PDA

View Full Version : FS: Akai CR-81D 8-Track stereo Cartridge Recorder

Luke Perry
July 19th 03, 11:31 PM
For sale: Top of the line Akai 8-track recorder model CR-81D. Unit
looks like new and all lights work. I was able to FF/Rewind and
switch tracks but no sound when playing. Might need new belt.
Anybody seriously into tracking should know about this model so no
need to list specs. Asking $75 obo plus $20 shipping within US (this
baby is heavy, but compact).

thanks
lp

Danspeakin
July 20th 03, 01:44 AM
>For sale: Top of the line Akai 8-track recorder model CR-81D. Unit
>looks like new and all lights work. I was able to FF/Rewind and
>switch tracks but no sound when playing. Might need new belt.
>Anybody seriously into tracking should know about this model so no
>need to list specs. Asking $75 obo plus $20 shipping within US (this
>baby is heavy, but compact).
>>
>thanks
>lp

I'll give you $20 plus $20. It might need a belt and it might need unobtainable
preamp ICs.
Dan 2

Luke Perry
July 20th 03, 04:04 AM
(Luke Perry) wrote in message >...
> For sale: Top of the line Akai 8-track recorder model CR-81D. Unit
> looks like new and all lights work. I was able to FF/Rewind and
> switch tracks but no sound when playing. Might need new belt.
> Anybody seriously into tracking should know about this model so no
> need to list specs. Asking $75 obo plus $20 shipping within US (this
> baby is heavy, but compact).
>

> thanks
> lp

Sorry, made a mistake in the listing. I do believe that the belt is
broken as there is NO fast forward or play. The recorder does not
have rewind function, my mistake. For full specs and pictures of unit
please go here:

http://www.8trackheaven.com/Images/akaicr81d.JPG

lp

Luke Perry
July 20th 03, 09:37 AM
> Sorry, made a mistake in the listing. I do believe that the belt is
> broken as there is NO fast forward or play. The recorder does not
> have rewind function, my mistake. For full specs and pictures of unit
> please go here:
>

> http://www.8trackheaven.com/Images/akaicr81d.JPG
>

> lp

OK, this is my last post I promise! I took the cover off the unit and
it was the belt. It had lost it's elasticity after all of these years
and had slipped off. I put it back on and it works perfectly now.
Unit looks like new also and I would suspect has had little use.

thanks
lp

Google