PDA

View Full Version : New $20s are coming very soon.

Fred Shecter
September 9th 03, 09:51 PM
We knew this already, but the publicity has gone into high gear.

Get them while they are still clean.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2003-09-09-new-twenty_x.htm

-Fred Shecter
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=shreadvector

--
""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Paul Anderson
September 9th 03, 10:30 PM
In article >, Fred Shecter
> wrote:

> We knew this already, but the publicity has gone into high gear.

My local bank has the "new color of money" brochures at the counter.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson
OpenVMS Engineering

Alan & Erin Williams
September 9th 03, 10:57 PM
Fred Shecter wrote:

> We knew this already, but the publicity has gone into high gear.
>
> Get them while they are still clean.
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2003-09-09-new-twenty_x.htm
>
> -Fred Shecter
> http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=shreadvector
>
> --
> ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Major mistake: Retaining the portrait of the genocidal bigamist.
Missed: A perfect opportunity to honor Steve Garvey, John Kruk or George
C. Marshall.

Alan
'great Americans'

Scottishmoney
September 9th 03, 11:25 PM
"Alan & Erin Williams" > wrote in message
> Fred Shecter wrote:
> >
> > We knew this already, but the publicity has gone into high gear.
> >
> > Get them while they are still clean.
> >
> > http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2003-09-09-new-twenty_x.htm
> >
> > -Fred Shecter

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=shreadvector

> > --
> > ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.
>
> Major mistake: Retaining the portrait of the genocidal bigamist.
> Missed: A perfect opportunity to honor Steve Garvey, John Kruk or George
> C. Marshall.
>
> Alan
> 'great Americans'

or Tatanka Yatanka, aka Sitting Bull. Great American.
Dave
"Wheres the Chief"

John Carney
September 9th 03, 11:26 PM
"Alan & Erin Williams" > wrote in message
> Fred Shecter wrote:
> >
> > We knew this already, but the publicity has gone into high gear.
> >
> > Get them while they are still clean.
> >
> > http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2003-09-09-new-twenty_x.htm
> >
> > -Fred Shecter
> > http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=shreadvector
> >
> > --
> > ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.
>
> Major mistake: Retaining the portrait of the genocidal bigamist.
> Missed: A perfect opportunity to honor Steve Garvey, John Kruk or George
> C. Marshall.
>
> Alan
> 'great Americans'

John Kruk the Phillie? My favorite First Baseman!

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jcarney44/coins/rccers.html

Anthony Carlisle
September 10th 03, 01:36 AM
In article >, Fred Shecter
> wrote:

> We knew this already, but the publicity has gone into high gear.
>
> Get them while they are still clean.
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2003-09-09-new-twenty_x.htm
>
> -Fred Shecter
> http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=shreadvector

Monday's "Wheel Of Fortune", the first show of this new season,
featured as a prize $1,000 in the new colorized twenties. I don't know
if they actually had them in hand, or they were offering a promisary
note, but they had a larger-then-life mockup on the wheel and Pat made
a big deal about it.

--
Antho

Anthony Carlisle (ANA #R192251; APS #194515)
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

Malanutt 4 Life
September 10th 03, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the article Fred (Shecter). I will be putting one of these new $20
"rags" as soon as possible. (-;

Tom

phil small p
September 10th 03, 03:36 AM
> > Missed: A perfect opportunity to honor Steve Garvey, John Kruk or George
> > C. Marshall.
> >
> > Alan
> > 'great Americans'
>
> or Tatanka Yatanka, aka Sitting Bull. Great American.
> Dave
> "Wheres the Chief"

The portrait of a great Native American would be the best,maybe a
Buffalo hunt on the back-wasn't there a bill like that?Around the turn
of the (20th from the 19th) century?how about a depiction of the
Battle of the Little Big Horn on the back?
phil

Alan & Erin Williams
September 10th 03, 04:16 AM
John Carney wrote:

> "Alan & Erin Williams" > wrote in message
> > Fred Shecter wrote:
> > >
> > > We knew this already, but the publicity has gone into high gear.
> > >
> > > Get them while they are still clean.
> > >
> > > http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2003-09-09-new-twenty_x.htm
> > >
> > > -Fred Shecter
> > > http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=shreadvector
> > >
> > > --
> > > ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.
> >
> > Major mistake: Retaining the portrait of the genocidal bigamist.
> > Missed: A perfect opportunity to honor Steve Garvey, John Kruk or George
> > C. Marshall.
> >
> > Alan
> > 'great Americans'
>
> John Kruk the Phillie? My favorite First Baseman!

Erin's high school classmate. ;-)

Alan
'did not date baseball players'

Wm Hopkins
September 10th 03, 04:32 PM
"Alan & Erin Williams" > wrote in message
> Major mistake: Retaining the portrait of the genocidal bigamist.
> Missed: A perfect opportunity to honor Steve Garvey, John Kruk or George
> C. Marshall.
>
> Alan
> 'great Americans'

Another Kruk fan. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

rhodo chrosite
September 11th 03, 06:29 PM
I can think of several more interesting subjects for the $20 including
Eisenhower and Teddy Roosevelt.

"Wm Hopkins" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Alan & Erin Williams" > wrote in message
> > Major mistake: Retaining the portrait of the genocidal bigamist.
> > Missed: A perfect opportunity to honor Steve Garvey, John Kruk or George
> > C. Marshall.
> >
> > Alan
> > 'great Americans'
>
> Another Kruk fan. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Google