PDA

View Full Version : 5 and 10 dollar fed reserve note

andyt31
September 1st 03, 05:22 AM
I have a five and ten dollar federal reserve note that says series of
1914 they are much larger than today's bills. I would like to know if
they are worth anything.

Thank you.

jimmyfc
September 1st 03, 09:44 PM
(andyt31) wrote in message >...
> I have a five and ten dollar federal reserve note that says series of
> 1914 they are much larger than today's bills. I would like to know if
> they are worth anything.
>
> Thank you.
Yes they are worth more than face value. Value depends on condition
and whether the treasury seal and serial numbers are in red or blue
ink or whether there is a star at the end of the serial number. An
ordinary blue seal note has a dealers buy price of about $100 in
uncirculated condition.

Fiona Always
September 3rd 03, 07:28 PM
(jimmyfc) wrote in message
> Yes they are worth more than face value. Value depends on condition
> and whether the treasury seal and serial numbers are in red or blue
> ink or whether there is a star at the end of the serial number. An
> ordinary blue seal note has a dealers buy price of about $100 in
> uncirculated condition.

True; and different districts (A-1 through 12-L), signature
combinations and varieties (how serial numbers are positioned) can
greatly affect the value, even for circulated notes. Provide a link to
a scan of the notes and people may be able to give you a better idea
of value.

Google