PDA

View Full Version : found some old paper money

MamaCaboose
August 11th 03, 03:49 AM
I found several old paper moneys that belonged to my great-uncle. I
believe most came from World War II and would like a little more info
on them.
I have two that say Japanese Governement Five Pesos and One peso; two
that are Japanese Government ten centavos and fifty centavos; Another
that says military currency-ten sen; military currency twenty yen;
Philippines treasury certificate for two peso; and a 20 custom gold
units drawn on the central bank of china, shanghai, 1930. Is there
any value to any of these?

Notes789
August 11th 03, 04:54 PM
>I found several old paper moneys that belonged to my great-uncle. I
>believe most came from World War II and would like a little more info on them.
I suggest that you go first to your library and see if they have a world paper
money catalog and then go to a local coin dealer. I think that you will find
that, unless these notes are razor crisp, their value is a buck or less. They
work bettter as a gift to a yongster who can learn a little about wartime
economics and history.

Google