PDA

View Full Version : An odd auction.

note.boy
August 5th 03, 04:27 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3038321637&category=47400&rd=1

The oddest thing being it got 5 bids. Billy

Darren
August 5th 03, 05:19 PM
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 16:27:40 +0100, "note.boy"
> wrote:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3038321637&category=47400&rd=1
>
>The oddest thing being it got 5 bids. Billy

I saw this one... and even *I* didn't bid!

Scottishmoney
August 5th 03, 10:22 PM
Darren > wrote in message
> On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 16:27:40 +0100, "note.boy"
> > wrote:
>

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3038321637&category=4740
0&rd=1

> >The oddest thing being it got 5 bids. Billy
>
> I saw this one... and even *I* didn't bid!

Even our resident newbie knows better than to bid on excrement, you are off
to a fine start. Never settle for secong best, you will only regret it
later. You know when I see auctions like this, I just wish I could sell my
much better stuff at 10x the value! The ebaY pricing gawds smile on those
ripping people off.

Dave

Darren
August 9th 03, 12:46 PM
On 09 Aug 2003 11:27:46 GMT, (RBalbaton) wrote:

>The item received a fairly high number of "looksees" 226, is Scotland that
>popular, or just curiosity seekers from rec.collecting.

Scotland is very popular. You'll always meet a Scottish ex-pat telling
you how good it is...

From a note collective perspective it is a dream... so many banks, so
many note changes - I figure they spent the winter inventing designs
for the money... and labels for whisky bottles.

From my perspective (One Pound Notes only) Bank Of England note issues
were a lot more restrained and for modern BoE notes you only have four
designs to collect (if you don't go don't the signature route) and one
of those was just a colour change during the war (WWII not Gulf) Then
you start looking at threaded or unthreaded Britannia notes but it's
not as interesting as Scotland... green ones, blue ones, purple ones,
yellow ones... commerative issues, more banks that you can shake a
stick at etc.

http://www.angelfire.com/ns/scottishmoney/index.html

Thanks
Darren