PDA

View Full Version : little Panasonic engine that could ? SURPRISE !

trippin2-8track
December 19th 03, 03:04 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3064439085&category=14999&rd=1

I never would have believed it...people actually like Panasonics...

Dan Fisher
December 19th 03, 05:32 PM
(trippin2-8track) wrote in message >...
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3064439085&category=14999&rd=1
>
> I never would have believed it...people actually like Panasonics...

I have one and it is a very good sounding deck, and probably the last
panasonic receiver made with an 8 track. I don't believe I would pay
that much though.
Unless you actually buy and test every deck made you should add that
these are just your opinions! I also own an 8050a that sounds
beautiful. I think its quite possible to get different quality sound
from two different decks of the same model, as these decks (mostly)
are used and abused. Dan F.

The Poodlebutt
December 19th 03, 07:32 PM
(trippin2-8track) wrote in message >...
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3064439085&category=14999&rd=1
>
> I never would have believed it...people actually like Panasonics...

Maybe you should email the bidders and see if one of them wants to be
your special buddy, you worthless ****.

trippin2-8track
December 20th 03, 11:57 AM
I compare the decks and go by what my ears hear. If you are referring
to the Wolly/Akai comparison, an any Akai deck sounds better than a
Wollensak. The Wolly has noticeably more distortion, less separation,
and simply less fidelity and clarity than the Akai.

trippin2-8track
December 20th 03, 12:04 PM
There's that slapping and slurping noise again- oh look, it a big
black man's balls slapping off Paul Evan's ass...just like in jail...

"Polly, where's your family,
Polly, where's your mom,
Polly has no facts,
To base assumptions on."

trippin2-8track
December 20th 03, 12:12 PM
(Dan Fisher) wrote in message >...
> (trippin2-8track) wrote in message >...
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3064439085&category=14999&rd=1
> >
> > I never would have believed it...people actually like Panasonics...
>
> I have one and it is a very good sounding deck, and probably the last
> panasonic receiver made with an 8 track. I don't believe I would pay
> that much though.
> Unless you actually buy and test every deck made you should add that
> these are just your opinions! I also own an 8050a that sounds
> beautiful. I think its quite possible to get different quality sound
> from two different decks of the same model, as these decks (mostly)
> are used and abused. Dan F.

ps- Dan, I DO buy and test every 8-track deck that I actually give a
review on. I don't have to buy every one made, to review the ones I
own and listen to. C'mon, do they do that with consumer reports ??
Heck no.
They all share the same characteristics within one model type. That's
the second Wolly I tested, they are not Akai quality- one look inside
it's obvious. Wolly 8050 IS better than Radio Shack, Panasonic,
Soundesign, Technics, yes. I do see your angle, on getting one
"ringer" bad deck, but that's not the case here.

trippin2-8track
December 20th 03, 12:16 PM

> Maybe you should email the bidders and see if one of them wants to be
> your special buddy, you worthless ****.

YOU ARE EXPERIENCED AT THAT KIND OF BEGGING FOR FRIENDS, I
KNOW...CUZ...

YOU'RE THE ONE THAT FLAMED ALFANDY ON THREADS ON NG'S, THEN JUST SENT
HIM A SEALED ROCK TAPE TO KISS HIS ASS, YOU ****ING 2-FACED WIMP !!

YOU ARE SUCH A ****ING PUSHOVER, YOU THINK WE DON'T ALL TALK UP HERE
??

HA-HA-HA

HERE, POODLE, COME LICK OUR BOOTS YOU LITTLE WORM, GIVE US FREE
MOTORS, TAPES, BUT YOU CAN'T BLOW ME, CUZ I'M NOT GAY LIKE YOU.

EMAILS TO FOLLOW, FAGGOT BOY- YOUR REP IS LESS THAN -0-

Davetta Lashley
December 20th 03, 01:36 PM
In your opinion, which Akai deck is best for making recordings?

--
Sincerely,
Davetta Lashley

"Never judge a man 'til you have walked a mile in his shoes, 'cuz by then,
you're a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say whatever the hell
you want to."

"trippin2-8track" > wrote in message
m...
> I compare the decks and go by what my ears hear. If you are referring
> to the Wolly/Akai comparison, an any Akai deck sounds better than a
> Wollensak. The Wolly has noticeably more distortion, less separation,
> and simply less fidelity and clarity than the Akai.

The Poodlebutt
December 20th 03, 02:00 PM
(trippin2-8track) wrote in message >...
> I compare the decks and go by what my ears hear.

The problem is, your ears are full of cooze, donated by unknown
perpetrators who were getting sick and tired of waiting in line all
day for a crack at one of your other orifices.

The Poodlebutt
December 20th 03, 05:40 PM
> YOU'RE THE ONE THAT FLAMED ALFANDY ON THREADS ON NG'S, THEN JUST SENT
> HIM A SEALED ROCK TAPE TO KISS HIS ASS, YOU ****ING 2-FACED WIMP !!

Yes, I used to slam the **** out of Alfandy. He rubbed me the wrong
way. I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

I realized I had judged him wrongly, and I was man enough to tell him
as much myself. Alfie is OK by me any day of the week.

I bet you've never once had the balls to own up to being wrong in your
entire sorry life. Even though you have ten years on me, you overgrown
pussy.

Emails to follow? From your shell email address, you mean?

The Poodlebutt
December 20th 03, 05:59 PM
> EMAILS TO FOLLOW, FAGGOT BOY- YOUR REP IS LESS THAN -0-

Spoken just like the Duke!

What was that movie, where John Wayne chased the Apaches from the
frontier with a bunch of nasty emails?

The Poodlebutt
December 20th 03, 06:14 PM
(trippin2-8track) wrote in message >...

> > Maybe you should email the bidders and see if one of them wants to be
> > your special buddy, you worthless ****.
>
> YOU ARE EXPERIENCED AT THAT KIND OF BEGGING FOR FRIENDS, I
> KNOW...CUZ...
>
> YOU'RE THE ONE THAT FLAMED ALFANDY ON THREADS ON NG'S, THEN JUST SENT
> HIM A SEALED ROCK TAPE TO KISS HIS ASS, YOU ****ING 2-FACED WIMP !!
>
> YOU ARE SUCH A ****ING PUSHOVER, YOU THINK WE DON'T ALL TALK UP HERE
> ??
>
> HA-HA-HA
>
> HERE, POODLE, COME LICK OUR BOOTS YOU LITTLE WORM, GIVE US FREE
> MOTORS, TAPES, BUT YOU CAN'T BLOW ME, CUZ I'M NOT GAY LIKE YOU.

All caps..... Charlie is Mad And Full of Zima?

> EMAILS TO FOLLOW, FAGGOT BOY- YOUR REP IS LESS THAN -0-

trippin2-8track
December 20th 03, 08:58 PM
You seem to have a penchant for talking about cooze...

must be a part of the Evans protein diet, eh ??

HA-HA-HA

The Poodlebutt
December 20th 03, 10:23 PM
> Polly has no facts,
> To base assumptions on."

Actually, I do know someone who in fact frequents the same thrifts you
do, and this individual has confirmed that you clear the shelves of
any 8 tracks, no matter how crappy.

That, coupled with the fact that you have been crying uncontrollably
over one lousy Steppenwolf tape for an entire year, leads me to
comfortably believe that your 8 track collection is just as ****ty as
your character, sir.

trippin2-8track
December 21st 03, 03:03 AM
Your "buddy" from Dallas, Pa. doesn't quite know what tapes were in
those 2000 or so that were purchased in the last year, cuz he never
even gets to see them, now did he...rumor has it he may have trouble
walking soon...poor guy...

Perhaps someone has a deal with the store manager, discounting said
tapes to 1/10 of regular price, if he takes them all...perhaps same
store calls this person as soon as they get a boxload in...

Perhaps this person found dozens of quads, punk tapes, and scarce rock
and country tapes in same said lot, and kept the ones he liked, and
sold the rest...for a handsome profit...

Maybe some 1400+ of same tapes went to a Norway music store for $1500
recently...

Possibly same person buys ALL their Pioneer, Kenwood, Realistic, etc.
decks and receivers on a regular basis...

just maybe, perhaps...

PERHAPS...

HA-HA-HA you dumb ****...

"Paul Evans, Esq., expert tracker since June, professional asshole
since birth, and all-around consuming idiot, on the bottom of the
economic chain, champagne tastes on a beer budget"

trippin2-8track
December 21st 03, 08:09 PM
Either the 81D or 82D will record quite well. I'd stay away from the
83D as they tend to run a tad fast with the DC motor. The 80D seems to
not switch tracks more often than the rest, which is a real PITA while
recording, and will stop the session.

trippin2-8track
December 21st 03, 08:10 PM
just don't send me any sealed tapes...

motors I'll take...

trippin2-8track
December 21st 03, 08:12 PM
too bad the feeling isn't mutual, Andy thinks you're ****ing weird.

Ever wonder why he never emails you, unless you email first ??

think about it...you should have kept the sealed tape, it accomplished zip.

FirebirdFe
December 23rd 03, 08:56 PM
Excuse me, just what BBS have I stumbled into??? What the 01001 is going on
here?

Fx199
December 23rd 03, 10:26 PM
>Excuse me, just what BBS have I stumbled into??? What the 01001 is going on
>here?

BBS? <snicker>

trippin2-8track
December 24th 03, 03:53 PM
(Fx199) wrote in message >...
> >Excuse me, just what BBS have I stumbled into??? What the 01001 is going on
> >here?
> >

> BBS? <snicker>

oh my gosh, that's so funny, what a witty reply FX199, I'm post-less
now, I'll roll over, and let myself beat the **** out of you, right
now !

Google