PDA

View Full Version : Wollensak 8050 vs. Akai 80-81-82 NO CONTEST

trippin2-8track
December 17th 03, 11:08 PM
OK so I finally track down and buy a Wolly 8050. Now this is the AC
motored Wolly that IMO would be a good challenge to an Akai machine...

UT-UH !! NADA !! NEIN, HERR FUHRER !! NO !! NICHT SO GUT !

Here's the scoop people- the Wolly 8050 has a much smaller AC motor,
no where near the size and torque of the Akai decks. And bottom line,
ANY Akai sounds better than this Wollensak. Even an Akai 83D sounds
better.

Now, the Wolly is still a better machine than say, a Technics, or
Panasonic, or Soundesign, or Craig. I'd also rank is half a notch
higher than anything Realistic made just cuz it at least has an AC
motor and doesn't look cheap. But a Wolly couldn't fill an Akai's
little toe. Even a Pioneer DC motored deck would be a better sounding
deck than a Wolly, for that matter.

So the search for the ultimate 8-track deck continues. I have 2 others
on their way in, the brand names may surprise you...stay tuned...now
back to Akai heaven, we have a POW Wollensak to interrogate
further...(chuckle)

Google