PDA

View Full Version : akai deck

DOGGIE104
November 16th 03, 01:29 PM
Hi Y'all,
Here's a query for the collective mind. My Akai cr80dss just arrived from
Israel. Other than the standard tape path cleaning and demagnetizing, what
should I do to prep the deck for yeoman duty? I moved the rear switch to 60 hz
(from 50 hz). Is there an internal power supply switch that needs to be reset
for 120 volts? Thanks, ron

Larry Blumenfeld
November 16th 03, 05:23 PM
DOGGIE104 wrote:

> Hi Y'all,
> Here's a query for the collective mind. My Akai cr80dss just arrived from
> Israel. Other than the standard tape path cleaning and demagnetizing, what
> should I do to prep the deck for yeoman duty? I moved the rear switch to 60 hz
> (from 50 hz). Is there an internal power supply switch that needs to be reset
> for 120 volts? Thanks, ron

There's a plug on the back panel ( not internal) that has a cutout in one spot
showing what it's set for - probably 220v. You need to pull out the plug and
re-insert it so that "110" shows in the cutout.

Happy trails,
Larry B.

DOGGIE104
November 16th 03, 08:27 PM
>There's a plug on the back panel ( not internal) that has a cutout in one
>spot
>showing what it's set for - probably 220v. You need to pull out the plug and
>re-insert it so that "110" shows in the cutout.
>
>Happy trails,
>Larry B.

Good call, Larry. The voltage selector switch was hidden by two plates. I
wonder why it should be set to 110 instead of 120?

Also, the belt is on the top rim of the drive pulleys. Should it be moved down
to the bottom rim? Furthermore, there's a trim pot on the bottom of the deck
labeled 50 hz-60hz. Is that a motor speed adjustment? Will I have to adjust
that also? Thanks for helping me with these questions, Larry. later, ron

jim
December 6th 03, 02:23 PM
(DOGGIE104) wrote in message >...
> Hi Y'all,
> Here's a query for the collective mind. My Akai cr80dss just arrived from
> Israel. Other than the standard tape path cleaning and demagnetizing, what
> should I do to prep the deck for yeoman duty? I moved the rear switch to 60 hz
> (from 50 hz). Is there an internal power supply switch that needs to be reset
> for 120 volts? Thanks, ron

hi.
i would say changing all the electrolytic capacitors of your akai
would be the first think to do before anything else.

DOGGIE104
December 6th 03, 06:53 PM
Thanks. I have the deck hooked up and working now. Hope it lasts! later, ron

(DOGGIE104) wrote in message
>> Hi Y'all,
>> Here's a query for the collective mind. My Akai cr80dss just arrived
>from
>> Israel. Other than the standard tape path cleaning and demagnetizing, what
>> should I do to prep the deck for yeoman duty? I moved the rear switch to
>60 hz
>> (from 50 hz). Is there an internal power supply switch that needs to be
>reset
>> for 120 volts? Thanks, ron
>

>hi.
>i would say changing all the electrolytic capacitors of your akai
>would be the first think to do before anything else.

Google