PDA

View Full Version : Channel Master deck- the rest of the story...

trippin2-8track
November 9th 03, 01:02 PM
OK, for the techs out there lurking who can understand (that means NOT
assholes Gibby and Homes Evans, and NOT the 3 Stooges Pad & Foil
Cartel)

The Channel Master deck has (2) tape tensioner arms, one on the side
like usual, but another up front between the tape head and channel
change switch area- the second one pushes straight back on the cart.
The 2 tensioners work together to situate the cart just right against
the capstan, so there's NO wow/flutter or tape drag, even with a DC
motor- no matter what tape you play.

In 25 years I've never seen a machine with 2 tensioner arms, this
sucker is advanced. On carts that are slightly undersized, the extra
tensioner AUTOMATICALLY pushes the cart out and to the right side, to
maintain capstan contact.

AWESOME COOL. If you see one of these decks, grab it, you won't be
disappointed. Sound quality is in the Akai and Wollensak league,
easily. Nice features, including an auto stop "reset" button.

Fx199
November 9th 03, 02:01 PM
>The Channel Master deck has (2) tape tensioner arms, one on the side
>like usual, but another up front between the tape head and ch

If it's so good, why sell it?

trippin2-8track
November 9th 03, 08:36 PM
reason 1- ROI- if you can sell something for a profit, let it go.

reason 2- 8-track decks come and go...none are worth getting too
attached to. They are easily replaced. There will be others. Try them,
find the better ones, then move on, that's my motto. (and boy did
those TR-803's really suck bad...LOL !)

Besides, I have 5 Akai decks, and about 15 other decks besides that...

reason 3- I'm gathering design ideas for my own ALL NEW 8-track home
deck. Starting with the Akai AC motored design, but with externally
adjustable azimuth/tracking and more features.

Finally, at least I HAVE my original deck from the late 1970's when I
was a kid, and my tapes too. Unlike homo Evans the wannabee, who just
got into tracking 6 years ago...

HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Google