PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence?

The Poodlebutt
November 4th 03, 11:57 PM
Do you think this guy's good fortune has anything to do with his
classy user ID?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2568931933&category=1601

I think "Number of the Beast" was the 1st 8 track of any note that I
found in a flea market/thrift store-type situation once I started back
to tracking six years ago.

Larry Blumenfeld
November 5th 03, 03:58 AM
The Poodlebutt wrote:

> Do you think this guy's good fortune has anything to do with his
> classy user ID?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2568931933&category=1601

Well, he's got the right idea. When anyone asks about Bose at our store, we
always tell them "Friends don't let friends buy Bose" - and when they ask why
we say "Better sound through marketing...."

No offense to the litigators among us, but the rumor is Bose has more lawyers
on staff than engineers...

Happy trails,
Larry B.

lennon fan
November 5th 03, 12:31 PM
I agree that Bose sux.
I had 901's (the ones with the EQ) and I thought they sounded like
jukebox speakers. ug.
and then all that propoganda about their wayyy over priced 'wave radio'
....how they sound like mega expensive full stereo systems. yeah, right.
maybe if you're deaf.
As if they could touch my Electrovoice Patrician speakers with 22"
woofers and asst. midranges and tweets, sitting in cabinets larger than
your average refrigerator. Oh yeah, that little tabletop 10 pound job
just trounces them :)

DOGGIE104
November 5th 03, 12:59 PM
>Subject: Re: Coincidence?
>From: (lennon fan)

>I agree that Bose sux.
>I had 901's (the ones with the EQ) and I thought they sounded like
>jukebox speakers. ug.
>and then all that propoganda about their wayyy over priced 'wave radio'
>...how they sound like mega expensive full stereo systems. yeah, right.
>maybe if you're deaf.
>As if they could touch my Electrovoice Patrician speakers with 22"
>woofers and asst. midranges and tweets, sitting in cabinets larger than
>your average refrigerator. Oh yeah, that little tabletop 10 pound job
>just trounces them :)

I had Bose 901 series 4s. The speaker surrounds dry rotted after a few years.
They were out of warranty. Bose replaced the speakers with series 6s,
including a new active equalizer, for the cost of shipping one way.

I like the sound of the series 6s; to my ears, they are a very neutral
loudspeaker. Just like I like it. later, ron

The Poodlebutt
November 5th 03, 05:17 PM
Larry Blumenfeld > wrote in message >...
> The Poodlebutt wrote:
>
> > Do you think this guy's good fortune has anything to do with his
> > classy user ID?
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2568931933&category=1601
> >

> Well, he's got the right idea. When anyone asks about Bose at our store, we
> always tell them "Friends don't let friends buy Bose" - and when they ask why
> we say "Better sound through marketing...."
>
> No offense to the litigators among us, but the rumor is Bose has more lawyers
> on staff than engineers...
>
> Happy trails,
> Larry B.

That guy made out like a bandit. Boy, if I had a stack of those spare,
I think I'd be spending less time at the courthouse and more time
learning how to design speakers.
> --

trippin2-8track
November 7th 03, 03:31 AM
I saw Maiden, they opened for Judas Priest...

back "in the day", around 1982-83

to start their show, a roadie came out on stage, dressed as the
"maiden" monster from their album covers, and gets the crowd going...

The Poodlebutt
November 7th 03, 07:35 PM
(trippin2-8track) wrote in message >...
> I saw Maiden, they opened for Judas Priest...
>
> back "in the day", around 1982-83
>
> to start their show, a roadie came out on stage, dressed as the
> "maiden" monster from their album covers, and gets the crowd going...

So, how long did you wait around after the show to offer Rob Halford a
blowjob before finally settling on the roadie doing the nightly
"Eddie" performance?

trippin2-8track
November 8th 03, 12:57 AM
Halford is "your kind of guy", homes...

after all, you're the one that posted "what's wrong with taking it up the ass"...

and "for all you gay 8-trackers out there"....

remember ??

maybe I'll refresh your memory a bit, from the archives...

oops, got that little speed rush in your chest again reading this post, eh ??

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The Poodlebutt
November 8th 03, 03:46 PM
> > I saw Maiden, they opened for Judas Priest...
> >
> > back "in the day", around 1982-83
> >
> > to start their show, a roadie came out on stage, dressed as the
> > "maiden" monster from their album covers, and gets the crowd going...
>
> So, how long did you wait around after the show to offer Rob Halford a
> blowjob before finally settling on the roadie doing the nightly
> "Eddie" performance?

Was it like that Zappa song off Fillmore '71? Like, even though you
got stuck blowing the Maiden roadie, you still made him sing the
(other) band's big hit first?

scottamerica
November 9th 03, 11:35 AM
"The Poodlebutt" > wrote in message
om...
> > > I saw Maiden, they opened for Judas Priest...
> > >
> > > back "in the day", around 1982-83
> > >
> > > to start their show, a roadie came out on stage, dressed as the
> > > "maiden" monster from their album covers, and gets the crowd going...
> >
> > So, how long did you wait around after the show to offer Rob Halford a
> > blowjob before finally settling on the roadie doing the nightly
> > "Eddie" performance?
>
> Was it like that Zappa song off Fillmore '71? Like, even though you
> got stuck blowing the Maiden roadie, you still made him sing the
> (other) band's big hit first?
What a couple of ****ups...

trippin2-8track
November 9th 03, 12:55 PM
You seem to have a penchant for posting about "ass" and "blowing".

Things that make us other readers wonder...clues actually...

Here's something to try, do a search in google in this group, for
"taking it up the ass", most of the posts that come up, are from
Evans. His favorite word is "ass".

male ass...

Bgaswoodie
November 9th 03, 07:24 PM
Ahh, come on trippin. You're everyone's favorite male ass....

trippin2-8track
November 11th 03, 12:11 AM
oh well lookie here, it's BigAssLittleWoodie, she finally got over the
shock of a flame war 6 months ago, and got up enough nerve to make a
post.

Hey, look everyone, it's the guy that emailed me saying "I don't
listen to 8-tracks, I collect them".

Well that's kind of ****ing obvious, being the Steppenwolf tape you
sold me for $1, was taped over with some pathetic "Show Me" state
bull****. I can hear your IDIOTIC ****ing drawl all the way from here.
It says your ****ing stupid and are worth less than whale **** outside
of Missouri.

YOU are the dickhead that started all the bull**** on this site,
remember, FAGGOT LIPS ??

WHAT A DICK YOU ARE BGAS. And your tapes were dirty, scummy, trailer
closet ****, much like you. So put that in your pipe, and smoke it a
while, MORON.

Google