PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: "Carolina Dreams" Marshal Tucker Band

steve suttle
October 23rd 03, 04:47 PM
That's about it. I would like a nice clean, playable (reconditioned?)
copy of "Carolina Dreams" by the Marshall Tucker Band on 8 track.

Also still looking for really nice copies of:

> Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits (198Os-record club release; green cover art)
> Stevie Nicks "Rock a Little,"
> Moody Blues "Go Now,"
> "Swee****er" s/t,
> David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
> Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd
> Paul McCartney and Wings - Wings Greatest
> Mott The Hoople - Greatest Hits
> Pink Floyd - Animals
> T. Rex - Electric Warrior

Larry Blumenfeld
October 30th 03, 03:43 AM
I have a near mint copy. Do you want it, or will you bail like our last deal
(the clock radio). Don't mean to be nasty, but I hate fooling with people who
don't follow through.

Happy trails,
Larry B.

steve suttle wrote:

> That's about it. I would like a nice clean, playable (reconditioned?)
> copy of "Carolina Dreams" by the Marshall Tucker Band on 8 track.
>
> Also still looking for really nice copies of:
>
> > Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits (198Os-record club release; green cover art)
> > Stevie Nicks "Rock a Little,"
> > Moody Blues "Go Now,"
> > "Swee****er" s/t,
> > David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
> > Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd
> > Paul McCartney and Wings - Wings Greatest
> > Mott The Hoople - Greatest Hits
> > Pink Floyd - Animals
> > T. Rex - Electric Warrior

steve suttle
October 30th 03, 05:53 AM
Hey, Larry.
I remember expressing interest in your clock-radio 8 track player, but
I never said that I definitely would buy it. I'm sorry if you
understood otherwise. After my expensive road disaster, I lost
interest in getting one and I told you that.
So, I take issue with the characterization that I "bailed" out on you.
That's really neither accurate nor fair.
It's also puzzling that you would seek to use this public forum to
express hostility in this way, especially concerning a private
negotiation.
People like you really have diminished the usefulness of sites like
this.
I agree with Danspeaking that this used to be a pleasant place to
exchange information and enhance the collecting experience. Angry,
ranting posting, such as the one you left, are counterproductive, but
unfortunately more and more moronic, childish people seem to use these
posting boards to enhance their own self-worth. Of course, it is
axiomatic that zero times zero is still zero. As these ranters seem to
have little worth to start with, multiplying it yields very little
return.
So, I don't suppose I would buy that tape from you or anything else
for that matter which is interesting in itself because you may
actually have something that I would buy someday. Apparently you think
being rude (in public no less) is the way to attract buyers for your
goods. Most business people would disagree with this less than
efficacious approach.

Larry Blumenfeld > wrote in message >...
> I have a near mint copy. Do you want it, or will you bail like our last deal
> (the clock radio). Don't mean to be nasty, but I hate fooling with people who
> don't follow through.
>
> Happy trails,
> Larry B.
>
> steve suttle wrote:
>
> > That's about it. I would like a nice clean, playable (reconditioned?)
> > copy of "Carolina Dreams" by the Marshall Tucker Band on 8 track.
> >
> > Also still looking for really nice copies of:
> >
> > > Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits (198Os-record club release; green cover art)
> > > Stevie Nicks "Rock a Little,"
> > > Moody Blues "Go Now,"
> > > "Swee****er" s/t,
> > > David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
> > > Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd
> > > Paul McCartney and Wings - Wings Greatest
> > > Mott The Hoople - Greatest Hits
> > > Pink Floyd - Animals
> > > T. Rex - Electric Warrior

The Poodlebutt
October 30th 03, 10:32 PM
Maybe that's the way we could liven up this hopeless NG: talk **** about Larry!

WTF, Larry? Why can't you be a little more accomodating to uppity deadbeats, huh?

(steve suttle) wrote in message >...
> Hey, Larry.
> I remember expressing interest in your clock-radio 8 track player, but
> I never said that I definitely would buy it. I'm sorry if you
> understood otherwise. After my expensive road disaster, I lost
> interest in getting one and I told you that.
> So, I take issue with the characterization that I "bailed" out on you.
> That's really neither accurate nor fair.
> It's also puzzling that you would seek to use this public forum to
> express hostility in this way, especially concerning a private
> negotiation.
> People like you really have diminished the usefulness of sites like
> this.
> I agree with Danspeaking that this used to be a pleasant place to
> exchange information and enhance the collecting experience. Angry,
> ranting posting, such as the one you left, are counterproductive, but
> unfortunately more and more moronic, childish people seem to use these
> posting boards to enhance their own self-worth. Of course, it is
> axiomatic that zero times zero is still zero. As these ranters seem to
> have little worth to start with, multiplying it yields very little
> return.
> So, I don't suppose I would buy that tape from you or anything else
> for that matter which is interesting in itself because you may
> actually have something that I would buy someday. Apparently you think
> being rude (in public no less) is the way to attract buyers for your
> goods. Most business people would disagree with this less than
> efficacious approach.
>

> Larry Blumenfeld > wrote in message >...
> > I have a near mint copy. Do you want it, or will you bail like our last deal
> > (the clock radio). Don't mean to be nasty, but I hate fooling with people who
> > don't follow through.
> >
> > Happy trails,
> > Larry B.
> >
> > steve suttle wrote:
> >
> > > That's about it. I would like a nice clean, playable (reconditioned?)
> > > copy of "Carolina Dreams" by the Marshall Tucker Band on 8 track.
> > >
> > > Also still looking for really nice copies of:

Fx199
October 30th 03, 11:25 PM
>Angry,
>ranting posting, such as the one you left, are counterproductive, but
>unfortunately more and more moronic, childish people seem to use these

That's not a good way to get the tape, if you wanted it. You could have just
said you changed your mind, but you want the tape.

The Poodlebutt
October 31st 03, 04:31 AM
(Fx199) wrote in message >...
> >Angry,
> >ranting posting, such as the one you left, are counterproductive, but
> >unfortunately more and more moronic, childish people seem to use these
>
> That's not a good way to get the tape, if you wanted it. You could have just
> said you changed your mind, but you want the tape.

Or, he could have donned a grass skirt and told Larry in no uncertain
terms that he would be perfectly willing to perform some sort of
disgusting, debauched, and depraved shimmy in exchange for said tape.
But noooooo. He had to go jump on a high horse and try and make Larry
into some sort of Judas scapegoat sonofabitch. Well, I for one think
it was a crapass thing to do. Gee whiz, just as this NG was finally
taking a turn around the corner for the better. ****ing A.

October 31st 03, 06:13 PM
> (Fx199) wrote in message
> > That's not a good way to get the tape, if you wanted it. You could have just
> > said you changed your mind, but you want the tape.

>The Poodlebutt wrote:
>
> Or, he could have donned a grass skirt and told Larry in no uncertain
> terms that he would be perfectly willing to perform some sort of
> disgusting, debauched, and depraved shimmy in exchange for said tape.
> But noooooo. He had to go jump on a high horse and try and make Larry
> into some sort of Judas scapegoat sonofabitch. Well, I for one think
> it was a crapass thing to do. Gee whiz, just as this NG was finally
> taking a turn around the corner for the better. ****ing A.

Dammit, a zit! Right on my earlobe! Of all the places...

steve suttle
November 1st 03, 02:37 PM
wrote in message >...
> > (Fx199) wrote in message
> > > That's not a good way to get the tape, if you wanted it. You could have just
> > > said you changed your mind, but you want the tape.
>
> >The Poodlebutt wrote:
> >
> > Or, he could have donned a grass skirt and told Larry in no uncertain
> > terms that he would be perfectly willing to perform some sort of
> > disgusting, debauched, and depraved shimmy in exchange for said tape.
> > But noooooo. He had to go jump on a high horse and try and make Larry
> > into some sort of Judas scapegoat sonofabitch. Well, I for one think
> > it was a crapass thing to do. Gee whiz, just as this NG was finally
> > taking a turn around the corner for the better. ****ing A.
>
> Dammit, a zit! Right on my earlobe! Of all the places...

Thanks to "poodlebutt" and "fx199" for proving my point about the newsgroup.

The Poodlebutt
November 1st 03, 06:52 PM

> Thanks to "poodlebutt" and "fx199" for proving my point about the newsgroup.

Hey, if it weren't for us, guy, what moral high ground could you lay
any claim to, anyhow?

And a hats off to you for such a convincing demonstration of what a
quackster carpetbagging huckster Larry is. I won't be buying any of
his Colorado snakeoil soon, now that you've laid his dark soul bare.

Larry Blumenfeld
November 3rd 03, 01:13 AM
The Poodlebutt wrote:

> > Thanks to "poodlebutt" and "fx199" for proving my point about the newsgroup.
>
> Hey, if it weren't for us, guy, what moral high ground could you lay
> any claim to, anyhow?
>
> And a hats off to you for such a convincing demonstration of what a
> quackster carpetbagging huckster Larry is. I won't be buying any of
> his Colorado snakeoil soon, now that you've laid his dark soul bare.

Yeah, that's me, the antiChrist of the 8 track world. Y'know, I think I 'll just
hang onto all my stuff and have it buried with me, like that guy in Texas that was
buried in his Cadillac. It used to be fun fixing up tapes and players and selling
them to people who could appreciate them. Well, I'm not taking my ball and going
home, but I don't think I 'm going to pursue selling much of my stuff anymore. I'm
tired of people saying they want stuff and then backing out. Hey, if I post an ad
looking for something, and somebody responds, and says they want it, to me that's
a deal. But that's just me. And I'm fresh out of snake oil.

Happy trails,
Larry B.
(Anybody wanna buy some Colorado River rights?) 8>)

Larry Blumenfeld
November 3rd 03, 01:20 AM
steve suttle wrote:

> <snip>...Angry,
> ranting posting, such as the one you left, are counterproductive, >

I don't recall being angry, merely stating a fact. And Dennis Miller rants - one sentence
doesn't qualify as a rant.

Of course, the guy who promised to send me Wollensak manuals and did so only when threatened by
the Post Office called me a boring twit...or something...so there you go.

Happy trails,
Larry B.

The Poodlebutt
November 3rd 03, 12:52 PM
> Yeah, that's me, the antiChrist of the 8 track world. Y'know, I think I 'll just
> hang onto all my stuff and have it buried with me, like that guy in Texas that was
> buried in his Cadillac. It used to be fun fixing up tapes and players and selling
> them to people who could appreciate them. Well, I'm not taking my ball and going
> home, but I don't think I 'm going to pursue selling much of my stuff anymore. I'm
> tired of people saying they want stuff and then backing out. Hey, if I post an ad
> looking for something, and somebody responds, and says they want it, to me that's
> a deal. But that's just me. And I'm fresh out of snake oil.
>
> Happy trails,
> Larry B.
> (Anybody wanna buy some Colorado River rights?) 8>)

I have to say, I have reached that same plateau (?). I did a batch of
auctions when I moved a couple of months ago, and it was not worth the
hassle, not even close.

trippin2-8track
November 13th 03, 01:08 AM
EVANS, who the **** are you trying to kid with that line ? Larry
actually TAKES APART AND FIXES tape decks. That pretty ****in' far
away from going to auctions and bidding on stuff and buying it like
you do, ANY ****ING MORON can buy something.

Larry, fix up your decks and tapes, and if someone doesn't want to
ante up, screw 'em, keep the stuff. You sound like a knowledgeable
guy that would tune a deck right, the lowlifes you speak of don't
deserve that. They never swabbed a tape head with alcohol in their
life...let alone set tracking and motor speed...

or change a power supply....

The Poodlebutt
November 13th 03, 01:23 PM
(trippin2-8track) wrote in message >...
> EVANS, who the **** are you trying to kid with that line ? Larry
> actually TAKES APART AND FIXES tape decks. That pretty ****in' far
> away from going to auctions and bidding on stuff and buying it like
> you do, ANY ****ING MORON can buy something.

Hmmmmm. Sort of like, how any ****ing moron can drone on and on and on
and on about nothing for a year straight, with absolutely no end in
sight?

trippin2-8track
November 14th 03, 02:22 PM
Evans hump, how's this...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.... .

you bore me. Witty you ain't. And a big time droner, you are. You
couldn't fill a decent trackers big toe with your "new age" attitude.
There's more to tracking then combing ebay 24/7 looking for overpriced
carts. But that's just you.

"Paul Evans, expert cart collector and tracker since June"

(and fake net wannabee lawyer too, LAW SCHOOL MY ASS)

The Poodlebutt
November 14th 03, 08:29 PM
(trippin2-8track) wrote in message >...
> Evans hump, how's this...
>
> ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.... .
>
> you bore me. Witty you ain't. And a big time droner, you are. You
> couldn't fill a decent trackers big toe with your "new age" attitude.
> There's more to tracking then combing ebay 24/7 looking for overpriced
> carts. But that's just you.
>
> "Paul Evans, expert cart collector and tracker since June"
>
> (and fake net wannabee lawyer too, LAW SCHOOL MY ASS)

I thought you were coming to party with me about 11 months ago.
Whatever happened with that?

Google