PDA

View Full Version : stamp swapping

Tutor
August 25th 03, 03:33 PM
Hi,

In an attempt to avoid some of teh costs involved in building a
collection I've started a website called www.stampswappers.co.uk I'm
new to this so would appreciate any feedback to help me develop the
site.

Thanks

Tutor

David F.
August 26th 03, 01:27 AM
> Hi,
>
> In an attempt to avoid some of teh costs involved in building a
> collection I've started a website called www.stampswappers.co.uk I'm
> new to this so would appreciate any feedback to help me develop the
> site.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tutor

Why would someone pay £11.75 when most other similar
Websites are free to use?

David.
--
..

Bob Ingraham
August 26th 03, 05:05 AM
> From: "David F." >
> Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
> Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:27:12 +0100
> Subject: Re: stamp swapping
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In an attempt to avoid some of teh costs involved in building a
>> collection I've started a website called www.stampswappers.co.uk I'm
>> new to this so would appreciate any feedback to help me develop the
>> site.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Tutor
>
> Why would someone pay £11.75 when most other similar
> Websites are free to use?

They probably wouldn't. It will be interesting to see if
www.stampswappers.co.uk is around in six months. The stamps that are shown
as, presumably, "swapable" stamps certainly aren't much. They wouldn't go
into my album!

Bob Ingraham

> David.
> --
> .

David F.
August 26th 03, 05:12 PM
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> In an attempt to avoid some of teh costs involved in building a
> >> collection I've started a website called www.stampswappers.co.uk I'm
> >> new to this so would appreciate any feedback to help me develop the
> >> site.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Tutor
> >
> > Why would someone pay £11.75 when most other similar
> > Websites are free to use?
>
> They probably wouldn't. It will be interesting to see if
> www.stampswappers.co.uk is around in six months. The stamps that are shown
> as, presumably, "swapable" stamps certainly aren't much. They wouldn't go
> into my album!
>
> Bob Ingraham

It's a good idea, but needs developing a bit more to
interest collectors before 'launching' it publicly!

David.

Google